Chapter 8: The stair maze

Y/n's POV:
We eventually ran to a room of a stair maze. Sarah and I looked at the maze, a bit intimidated by how difficult it looked. I looked to the side and went down the stairs with Sarah following behind me. I looked down to see how far up we are. Then I saw the goblin king upside down beneath us, making Sarah and I gasp softly in surprise.

"How you turn my world you precious thing" Jareth sang as he jumped down. Instead of him falling above us, he vanished. I expected him to come out from in front of us as Sarah and I looked at the edge of the platform we were on. "Everything I've done, I've done for you" he sang again from behind us, Sarah and I looked at him in surprise before walking straight through me like I was air. I looked down at myself before turning to look at him. He walked towards the edge of the platform and I looked at him. He then turned his head towards us. "I move the stars for no one" he sang before jumping down again.

I look at the spit he fell from before motioning Sarah to follow me before walking to a different part stair case. I hear Jareth running from underneath us before walking over the edge of the platform we stood on and he slowly walked towards us. Sarah and I looked at him shocked. "Your eyes can be so cruel!" He said before holding a crystal ball in front of his face towards me. "Just as I can be so cruel!" He sang before as he lowered the crystal from his face and throwing it in the opposite direction. It bounced on the floor like a ball before landing in Toby's hands. "Toby!" Sarah and I exclaimed at the same time. Jareth vanished to another part of the stair maze and Sarah and I began to walk in separate directions of the stair maze trying to get to Toby.

"Toby stay still!" I yelled at Toby. He only moved more. "Love without the sunlight" Jareth sang as I looked up at Toby while trying to get him. "Love without your heart beat" Jareth sang again as Sarah and I looked at each other as we met up at the same spot of the maze. We both looked up and saw Toby on one of the archway of the stair maze. Sarah and I began to go opposite directions again as we attempted one of us to get to Toby. "I...I can't live within you" Jareth sang in a heartbreaking tone which made me stop in my tracks as I looked up and tried to look for him. Jareth looked at where Toby was and I see him. Sarah finally found Toby and got near him. "Toby" Sarah called softly towards him which made me look at them. I saw Jareth disappear again. I run up to where Sarah is but as soon as I made it to where Sarah was, Sarah jumped. My eyes widen "Sarah!" I exclaimed before I immediately jump down for her.

As I gently fell through the air, I looked around myself and see pieces of his castle and archways of the stair maze floating around. I looked below me and expected to see Sarah falling below me or a piece of a floor of the stair maze. Instead, I see a grassy platform with a couple of white roses growing around the perimeter of the floating grassy platform. I softly land on the platform and look around me again. The floating pieces of the stair maze were gone and replaced with the purple sky outside. My eyes scan around the different setting. I look in front of me and find a bush archway surrounded with a bush wall like another part of his labyrinth. "Y/n" I hear Jareth's voice softly call me and I cautiously enter.