Chapter 9: The confrontation

Y/n's POV:

As I got closer, the more the platform started to change. I pass through the archway and looked around, I saw a wider space and it looked like a garden. I looked around at everything in awe before feeling eyes on me. I look around my surroundings quickly trying to find whoever is watching me. I look up to the trees above and see nothing. I look behind myself and was startled to see Jareth standing there. Jareth kept a foot away from me. "I thought this setting would be more comfortable than what I originally planned for you" Jareth said in a soft voice. "It's beautiful. But I must ask for my little brother back" I said which caused his calm face to turn a bit of bitter expression. "I knew you would say that." He said softly before walking more closely towards me.

I stood in place as he walked closer towards me. I look up at him as he towered over me now, staring down at me. "You know we share a connection, Y/n. Don't pretend you don't feel it." he said softly as we held eye contact. I looked into his hypnotic blue eyes, "it is true...but I originally came here to help save Toby." I say in a soft voice before feeling him softly grabbing my hand and looked down at me with pleading eyes. "Please stay, y/n. I ask for so little. Just love me, stay with me and rule the goblin city with me....please stay." He softly said. my heart felt like it was in pain by how he is softly pleading and begging me to stay. I took a deep breath before answering "I'll stay" I say before his expression changing into one of relief. "I am so happy you chose to stay" he said before picking me up and swinging me in his arms happily.

I giggle as he swung me happily in his arms. He looked at me softly "may I?" He asked, asking for my consent to kiss me. I nod before seeing him smile and feeling his lips softly make contact with mine. He pulled away softly from the kiss after a couple of seconds and looked down at me in a loving way. I feel one of his gloved hands caress my face gently. I look up at him with adoration and a soft smile. The clock strikes thirteen times in the distance. He looked at where the clock chimes are coming from and sighed as he thought. He then leaned towards my ear "don't forget me" he whispered softly before kissing my forehead softly. Before I could ask him what he meant by that, everything faded away.

Jareth's POV:

"Don't forget me" I whispered softly and kissed her forehead softly before she fell unconscious in my arms. I couldn't separate her from her siblings and I definitely don't think she's ready to rule as queen yet. I'd have to wait a little more until she's fully ready. I carry her sleeping form in my arms before creating a portal to her world. I place her gently onto her bed before tucking her in. I place a soft kiss on her forehead as I looked down at her. "Sleep well, my dear Y/n....until we meet next time, my precious" I whispered as I looked at her for a few minutes before placing a crystal necklace with a gold chain on her vanity. "This will help me stay in touch with you if you ever need to call on me" I say softly before taking one last glance at her and leaving back to my world.

 "This will help me stay in touch with you if you ever need to call on me" I say softly before taking one last glance at her and leaving back to my world

Sarah's POV:

I felt myself falling in air and I shot out of bed. I was breathing heavily and I placed my hand on my heart that was beating fast. I looked around my bedroom before remembering my dream. "Toby" i say quietly before getting out of bed and running to Toby's room. "Toby!" I shouted softly as I turned on his light and went towards his crib. Instead of finding an empty crib, I found him peacefully sleeping in it. I pick up Lancelot from my parent's bed and gently tuck in my teddy bear next to him. "I'd like Lancelot to belong to you now" I say gently before softly running my fingers along his cheek. I then exit the room and turn off the lights before closing the door quietly.

I then enter my sisters room and turn on her bedroom light. I found her peacefully sleeping in her bed. I went into her bedroom and brushed her hair away from her face. "Sleep well, sister" I say before exiting her bedroom quietly. I went into my bedroom and put some things away into my vanity. I placed my music box and some pictures of my mother away in my drawer before hearing a knock on my door. "Come in" I say towards the door and seeing my dad enter. "Is Y/n still home?" My dad asked. "Yes, she's asleep though." I say softly. He nodded softly "thank you for helping with the baby. Irene wants to take you girls shopping for dresses next Friday as a thank you gift" he said.

I smile at him before softly saying "I love you dad". My dad looked at me a little surprised, not expecting me to say it randomly like that. He smiled at me "I love you too" he said softly before softly kissing my head and walking back out "goodnight Sarah" he said with a smile and closing my door, leaving me alone with the remembrance of my strange dream. Out of all things, it had to be about the play me and Y/n are playing in. I looked at my script cover and gently placed it in my drawer of my vanity. I then read one of my favorite books for the night before eventually falling back asleep.

Y/n's POV:

I awoke to the sun rising over my eyes through a gap from between my curtains. I slowly got out of bed and looked around my room. I sighed out of disappointment when I couldn't find Jareth anywhere. "What a strange dream.." i say softly to myself. I then looked on my vanity and saw a crystal necklace with a gold chain. I got up from my bed and began to change for the day. I changed into a long sleeved light grey crop top sweater, high waisted white jeans, and my white slip ons. I put my hair up in a ponytail before looking at the necklace that layed on my vanity. I gently grabbed the crystal necklace off my vanity and put on the necklace. I held the crystal in my hands. I suddenly felt eyes on me. It made me feel safe that I was being watched over. I put on my favorite natural red lipstick and left my bedroom.

I went downstairs towards the kitchen. My mother was already making breakfast. "Good morning mother" I say with a smile on my face. "Good morning sweetie" she said with a smile. I then turn to Toby sitting on his high chair "good morning toby" I say with a smile before softly placing a kiss on his head. Sarah then came down with a smile on her face. She said good morning to us all. Dad sat at the table reading the newspaper. I looked at him "no work today I'm guessing?" I asked him curiously. "I asked for a day off today. They thankfully agreed to let me off. Today we are going to go shopping too." He said with a smile. Sarah and I looked at each other happily before having mom serve us breakfast. We sat at the table, laughing and talking like a happy family. It's been so long since the last time we acted like an actual happy family.

Sarah looked at the necklace around my neck. "Where did you get the necklace?" Sarah asked curiously. "I don't know, I found it on the vanity in my room. I thought you, mom or dad gave it to me" I say before seeing them all shake their heads. I begin to look at the necklace curiously "then who gave it to me?" I quietly ask myself. Then it dawned to me....Everything was real...

                          -END OF CHAPTER-
                                            &
                                        BOOK 1

AUTHORS NOTE:  SURPRISE!...I thought I would drag this to two books. I wanted to make this a series instead of just one book. I wanted to also ask you guys, the readers...for ideas on book two. I don't know if I should go with option 1: she soon finds out about her crystal necklace being connected to the goblin king. She finally is ready to take her place as the goblin queen but must go through tough decisions and try to convince the three kings of all the mystical lands that she is fit to be queen. Or option 2: she is put through a familiar ballroom, like in her dream. Soon she sees goblin king in disguise but doesn't know it's him. They dance together, he eventually reveals it to be him and warns her about the danger she is going to be put in. Along in the story, she finds herself being challenged by other magical female faes who are trying to sabotage her to take the place beside Jareth. I don't know which one to go with so please vote in the comments. On the 25th of July...I will pick the most voted option and write it as book 2. I hope you all enjoyed reading book 1. I'll see you guys in book 2! ☺️