Chapter 4 - Let the training begin

Lucas POV

3.5 years later

Alot of things happend in the last three and a half years. Not only for me but also for my siblings. Bairon who is now 18 years old broke through the light yellow stage a few month ago and is now a silver core mage. To say he was just happy the day it happend wouldn’t quite fit his reaction.

Father and mother are really happy and proud of him for reaching such a high stage so early. To celebrate this they throw him a party. Said party was also the first time I met other noble familys like the Ravenpor's which wasn't a  pleasant meeting. My parents also seemed not so happy to see them.

Meeting the Bladeheart's and the Maxwell's on the other hand was really nice. Claires parents and her uncle are really nice people. They treated me and my mother really good and they didn't care about my mother being an elve and me a half elve. I can see where claire got her carefree personality from.

As for Theodores parents. His mother is a really lovly women and his father... yeah his father. To say the truth I am a little scared about him with his serious look on his face.

As for Claire and Theodore. They both played with me alot at the party and we became friends really quick. We even meet up from time to time and play or train together. So yeah there nice too.

Even the royal family came. Probably to scout Bairon as a possible future Lance. I didn't interacted much with them apart from Curtis who play with Claire, Theodore and me.

I also met Varay for the first time.

When Bairon told us she would come mom and dad thought she is his girlfriend but he denied it on the spot. Which earned him some teasing from or parents but he said Varay isn’t the typ of women he would want to date.

Out of all of us Nova seemed to be the happiest about Varay coming to the party. She was also the only one Varay didn't acted cold to and seemed happy to see. They both had this weird look in there eyes but I dont know what it could mean.

Talking about Nova she unlocked her lightnig deviant about half a year ago and trained with Bairon ever since.

As for me. I started physical training a year ago. It went well so far and my stamina increased alot. I meditate for three to four houres a day which led to me being able to sense mana in the atmosphere without a mana core.

This led to the question do I even need a mana core to use mana. Gray said that my magical capabilities are like the ones in my old world which would mean I wouldn’t need one.

I don’t know I just hope I 'awaken' soon.

I am currently in training with Bairon who is a real demon as a teacher. He is like a drill sergeant. Not allowing me any breaks and pushing me to my limets over and over again.

"LET ME TAKE A BREAK." I screamed

"Give me three more laps and I think about it." He said without any sympathy.

"I hate you Bairon." I said.

"Stop crying and keep running."

"Come on Bairon let him take a break. He is only four. Don’t you think you are a bit to hard to him." Nova said.

" We both know he is not a normel four year old and he is the one who asked me to train him." Bairon retorted.

"I know but this is still to much." She said in an attempt to reason with him but he didn't care so I had to run the last three laps.

When I finished I collapsed immediately. Nova gave me some water and Bairon congratulated me for running five laps more then last week which made me happy.

"Ohh my little baby did this devil tortured you again." Nova asked in a childish voice.

"Yes. Yes he did but it isn’t that bad as it seems. I wouldn’t got this strong without him. So um grateful for him." I said with a smile.

She just looked at me with pity.

Afterwards Bairon trained Nova in lightning magic and I watched them.

I meditate some more while they trained and I can feel that my awakeing is near.

I could feel the mana around me with ease but every attempt to manipulate it is fruitless. It is a bit frustrating to be honest.

It tried to ask the mana to do what I want but nothing happend. Commanding it also didn't work.

I kept going with my meditation until I suddenly felt something all to familiar.

'Did I just used mana.' I asked myself.

BOOM

Before I could process what just happened I heared a loud explosion.

"LUCAS" I heared both Bairon an Nova scream.

When I opend my eyes I saw a mana barrier around me. Levitated above the groud and a huge crater below me.

Bairon and Nova had panic looks on there faces. Mom and dad came running out of the mansion. Probably concernt about what happend. When they arrived they had the same look as my siblings.

"Oh my god." Dad said.

"Is that even possible?" Mom asked.

"He is only four!" Nova said in disbelieve.

"I already thought this would happened earlier then normel. But this is just unbelievable." Bairon said.

Not really sure what to say in this situation I asked.

"Am I in trouble."

"No honey. Your not in trouble." My mom reassured me.

"But we should keep this a secret for now. If Blaine finds out about this he would probably try to engage Lucas with his daughter." Dad said in a serious voice.

"Your right. I don’t want our son to be forced into marrige." Mother said.

"But aside with this." Dad said.

"Congratulations on awakeing Lucas." They all said together.

"Thank you." I answered with a big grin on my face.

"Now we can start magical training." Bairon exclaimed.

"Oh no." Was all I could say.

Everyone except me lought about my answer.

Soon after we went inside and celebrated my awakeing. Father started drinking like he did when Nova unlocked her lightnig deviant and Bairon's break through much to mothers displeasure.

Some times I think he uses such events as an excuse to drink.

It was really nice the little 'party' we had. We talked and loughed alot together and just enjoyed the night.

When it got late we all got to bed.

Mom brought me to bed befor going to bed herself.

As I laid in my bed I tought about all the things I now could do with magic. I would lie if I would say I am not scared about the hellish training Bairon will put me through but it will be helpful in the future.

With this thought I felled asleep.

-1172 words