Chapter 19 - Dire Tombs Pt. 2

A/N: hey everyone. Just a quick clarification. I skipped most of the dungeon raid because we all had read it in the comic, the novel and various FF. So that you wouldn’t have to read to many copy and paste chapters I dicided to keep the raid short. Next chapter will be the end of the adventurer arc after that will follow a chapter containing everything inbetween the adventurer arc and the school arc. Now enjoy this chapter and we see us next week.

Lucas POV

"Why? Why is everything so different. Nothing is like it should be. I think we should leave." Brald suggested, fear hearable in his voice.

"Don’t be such a coward. Do you not realiz what all those changes mean? The treasure we will find in this boss camber will be incredibly. We all will be rich." Oliver said. His eyes full of greed.

"Even if the treasure is tremendously, don’t you think the beast that guards it is really strong. Maybe to strong for us to handle. You already nearly died, you should be the last thats wants to continue." Reginald chimed in.

"I'm just not a wimp like you all. We are adventurer. It is our job to risk our lives to get our hands on treasures." Oliver retorted.

The kept going with there conversation in which everyone else tries to reason with Oliver and he mainly insults them in return. Annoyed by there on going bickering I let some of my bloodlust out. Everyone immediately tensed up and shifted their gazes to me.

"Listen, how about we all take a rest for now. If we go in the boss camber or leave this dungeon, noone of us is in the condition to do either. Eat something, replenish your mana reserves and rest for now. Lets decided what to do in about one houre." I said in a annoyed and angered tone as I retracted my bloodlust.

They all gave me a nod and went on to rest except for Oliver who flinched at my tone of voice. He quickly walked away from me mumbling something to himself.

I myself walked over to a wall and set down. Not having to replenish my mana I pulled out some of my rations from my storage-ring and begann to eat. Jasmin and Art set down next to my and started to replenish there mana.

After roughly 30 minutes Brald came walking over to us with Samantha. They set down in front of us.

"I believe it would be best if one of you would take over the lead in this dungeon raid." He said in a defeated tone. "I'm sorry. I have faild as a leader. I do not fit this role." He added with a weak smile that radiated his sadness and disappointment in himself.

"Don’t be so harsh on yourself, Brald. Regarding the circumstances I belive you did a good job so far. But we will honor your wish and take over from here." I replied reassuring him of his grad leadership. He and Samantha converst some more with us before they went back to the rest of our group.

"Lucas, you should take over the lead." Jasmin said out of the blue.

"What? Why me? I think you would be the better choice. You have much more experience than me therefore you should take the lead." I retorted.

"She is right Lucas. You understood the changes of this dungeons perfectly and acted accordingly to keep everyone save. You would be our best option." Arthur said, supporting jasmin. This little shit head. He also knows what waits for us behind this door and he aswell could handle it perfectly. He just probably dosen't want the responsibility.

"Do I even have a choice?" I asked at which they bith only shoked there heads. I sighed in defeat and accepted the role that was forced upon me.

After another 30 minutes we all regrouped infront the entrance of the boss camber.