Chapter 28 - Building trust

Virion POV

A few meters away from us stands a terrifying creature. About 8 meters tall and 5 meters wide. When it stretched out its wings its width increased to a total of 15 meters.

It has dark blue leathery skin and a little bit of whitish blue fur around its neck and chest. Two long white horns sprout from his dragon-like head into the sky. They look like they could pierce through multiple mages at once. Its full set of sharp teeth could tear apart a person in mere seconds. Its yellow, reptile eyes inflict fear into anyone they look on. (He looks similar to Articuno from Pokemon, just more like a dragon)

A Wyvren.

One of the most powerful mana beasts one could find in the beast glades. It is said that they descended from dragons and that they posses incredible control over mana thanks to their ancestry. The ones that have been seen in our history were atleast a S-Rank if not even stronger. I myself have clashed with countless of mana beast's in my life even a Wyvren once. It was the strongest opponent that I ever crossed paths with.

But the one right in front of us in this momentan exceeds everthing that I have ever seen.

Based on the mana it exudes I couldn't even tell if all our Lances could beat it.

If have to admit that I'm scared, terrified even only being in its presence.

When I first layed my eyes on it multiple questions run through my head.

Why is such a creature in this academy?

How did noone notice it entering Xyrus City?

How are we supposed to deal with it?

How many will fall fighting it?

But all that became irrelevant after I observed the scenery before me further. Now there was only one single question remaining in my head.

Why? Why are they fighting it? Why are Tessia and Arthur fighting this overwhelming beast?

I can feel the fear spreading throughout my body. The fear to loose some precious to me. Without a second thought I activaded my beast Will to its fullest. Increasing my speed to the absolut highest I could muster I dashed right at it. Knowing fully well that this could be my end.

In the corner of my eye I could see Alea do the same. We rushed forwards with all we have. About midway we got stopped by a huge wall made out of vines. My first thought was that this is Alea's work as an attempt to stop me from running into my own death but one look at her showed that she is just as confused as I am.

"Please don't interrupt." A voice called out from the side and lo and behold there was Lucas. The boy we were looking for. He looked at us with a bright smile and Sylvie, Arthur's dragon bond, in his hands. "They nearly finished their sparring match, just wait a couple more minutes for them." He said in a polite tone.

Hesitantly we did as asked and waited. After a few more minutes of intens fighting Tessia collapsed to the ground. The beast readied a powerfull mana blast and I was about to interfere but Lucas yelled out "Fraener thats enough." and to my surprise the beast immediately stopped.

I saw Arthur running over to Tessia and he helped her up. The procceded to walk over to us and seemed surprised upon seeing us.

"Grampa?" "Gramps?" They asked with a puzzled look on their face.

"When did you arrive at the academy?" Tessia asked as she pulled me into a deep hug.

"Just a few houres ago. I had something to discuss with Cynthia." I said rubbing her back.