#1

Is breaking into a lab at your university a crime? Maybe. Does one of the greatest genius in the world (this is not exaggerated at all) care about it? No.

That's pretty much how Donnie found himself creeping through the empty halls almost in the middle of the night. It's been a while since he started searching for one of his school's more abandoned labs. But he was determined.

Recently he accidentally eavesdropped a conversation between two of his classmates. Well, not really eavesdropped, because the were talking on definitely lounder volume than most of the class and Donnie just happened to be sitting behind them. They were talking about some older lab in the farthest corner of the school that no one really visited.

And who would pass on such an opportunity for a new quiet workplace? Definitely not the Donatello Hamato.

With self-made goggles on his eyes he scanned the area slowly making way further  and further into the dark corridor carefull not to make to many sounds. He's never been to this part of the school so navigating there was quiet a challenge with how many turns and doors were along the way. Seriously, they at least could have given them a layout of the building at the beginning of the year.

Reaching the end of the hall, Donnie stopped in his tracks. Rays of yellowish light filtered through a small window in the last doors falling on the greyish floor.

Maybe... someone just forgot to turn of the light earlier before leaving? No, janitors always check it after everyone leave.

No matter with how many excuses Donnie's been trying to come up with there was no other explanation.

Someone already was there.

Sudden wave of anxiety washed over Donnie as he reached to pull lightly at the end of his purple mask. Were those this guys talking about the lab in his class? That would make sense. But for some reason he had a feeling that it wasn't them.

After the moment of paralyzation, Donatello began making steady steps ahead. Stopping before the door he exhaled shakly not knowing he was holding his breath. Being as quiet as he could, he listened to the hushed voice from the inside of the room.

"Yeah, yeah I know I was a little bit to reckless." said the voice with quiet whine. Donnie guessed the person that voice belong to was talking through the phone, because he couldn't detect any other presence beside them. "But what could I do when he just suddenly trow a wHOLE BENCH-"

The voice stopped. He heard the sound of several papers being picked up and stuffed in a drawer. The sound of his heart was louder than the stapes coming out of the lab. Just as Donnie started to think of an escape plan he heard the voice again - this time more nervous.

"I think that someone-" they were cut off by the person they were talking to. How could they know that he was here? "But what if it's- Can you stop interrupting me for a second? What should I do?"

And this was the moment Donatello decided it's time for him to go. No matter who that person was or how they knew he was here he didn't want to be spotted, and in the worst case scenario reported to the teachers. He never will get detention like his twin (Leo was almost always in detention and Donnie certainly didn't want to deal with being in one room with his brother at the same time for so long). It's not like Donnie have never done something that would put him in so called 'after-class prison'. He just never got caught like his dumb-dumb brother(s - every one of them got it at least once).

Maybe he could just threaten them to not tell anyone?

...what they were doing here in the first place?