twenty four

"luke!" alyssa called running after him, she ran up the stairs and followed him. she didn't know why luke would be acting like this at all when hours ago they were telling each other how much they loved one another.

luke closed the door where he found ashton and alyssa banged on the door telling him to open it.

meanwhile on the other side of the door, luke is deciding what to do. he found ashton taking off a bed sheet. ashton realized he was there and looked up from what he was doing.

"hey? what's going on. . ." ashton took a step back.

"stay- i want you to stay away from her." luke stuttered and he felt dumb. there was distance between him and ashton, he could just walk up to him to make it more dramatic but he couldn't.

"what do you mean?" ashton asked. alyssa kept on banging at the door, which ashton ignored. ashton was too calm about this. he seemed totally fine with the whole situation. it was as if he knew this would happen.

"please ashton, whatever you're trying to pull off, stop." luke closed his eyes for a moment then opened them back up. "she means everything to me. i can't fucking lose her." luke walked towards him and stopped when there was only a few feet between them.

"there's nothing going on between us! she was lonely when you were gone!" ashton continued before luke could say anything, "she loves you, not me, if that's what you're worried about. i've learned my lesson, and she gave me a shot at our friendship. you ignored her while you're hanging out with her ex. the person you kicked out of the fucking team because he cheated on her. the only person who could take her away from you is yourself." luke let the words sink in for a minute. he was startled at what ashton just spat at him. he settled down and walked over to the bed and curled up into a ball.

ashton opened the door for alyssa, who was leaning against the wall. her face lit up when she saw that ashton wasn't hurt.

"are you okay?" she asked ashton. ashton nodded and pointed to the room, "go talk to him."

alyssa mouthed thank you before walking inside to find luke who was crying.

she crawled over behind him so his back was against her chest. alyssa wrapped her arm around him and tucked her head into his neck. it has only been a few minutes after luke suddenly jumped up, scaring alyssa.

"luke..." she whispered but he just walked away. she heard him walking down the stairs then finally the front door shut close.

she sat up and hugged her knees to her chest, she could've ran after him, but she didn't. everything told her she shouldn't. why was she always the one chasing after him?

tyler finally came running up the stairs, "what- what the hell happened? we were outside, we didn't realize something was going on until we heard luke's car drive off." he sat down next to alyssa and wrapped his arms around her back. "did they hurt you? did anyone touch you because i swear-"

"i'm fine. no one touched me." alyssa said quietly. then the tears came, she felt pathetic crying over a boy. this wasn't her. she has never cried over a boy before. she didn't know loving someone could be this hard.

"babe," alyssa rest her head on tyler's chest and tyler hugged her tightly. "what happened?"

"i'm sick of luke and the way he has been acting," she sobbed. "i'm sick and tired of chasing after him and for what? nothing. abso-fucking-lutely nothing."

alyssa felt like she was the only one trying in their relationship. she's the only one reaching for someone who couldn't be reached.

tyler brushed his hands through her hair, comforting her. "this is just the part of the rollercoaster, lys. it will all be worth it at the end. i know he loves you as much as you love him. i've seen the way he looks at you and all. " alyssa was glad she has a friend like tyler, he never gives up on trying to make her feel better.