Woe is the loneliest number(1)

"This story is about to take an odd turn. Usually, I'm all about the odd, like when this watch first strapped itself to my wrist. But this one.. this one's different"

Y/n sits alone inside his dorm, reading his book as per usual. His sister was in the principal's office, talking to the sheriff about the events of Rowan's death. Why he wasn't there, he doesn't know.

Suddenly, the door swings open, as Enid rushes in, happy at the sight of the lone y/n sitting there.

Enid: "y/n! I need your help!"

Y/n: "what's up Wolfy?"

Enid: "Wolfy?"

Y/n: "we're friends- at least I hope we are- but I thought you deserve a nickname"

Enid: "aw! That's sweet! But that's not what I need! I need your help with the poe cup!"

Y/n: "the what cup?"

Enid: "the poe cup! I'm down a teammate, and couldn't find anyone else fast enough! Till I saw you! Will you help?"

Y/n: "uh, absolutely! Look, if my sister's plan went as.. wel.. planned, then I would've been your only roommate. So, what's first?"

Enid: "follow me!"

——————————————————

It's now been almost two hours, Enid was overseeing the painting of the boat called the black cats, Enid's friend yoko, who y/n has become essentially besties with, another girl, and y/n himself as four arms painting said boat.

Enid: "Ladies!- and y/n, come on! Let’s work on those teeth. More scowl. This kitty is taking no prisoners. If Bianca Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out!"

Wednesday suddenly showed up, sneaking from behind enidm

Wednesday: "I would pay money to see that"

Enid: "Howdy, roomie! I’m so glad you decided to stay"

Wednesday: "I thought you wanted your single room back"

Enid: "Full disclosure, I don’t like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It’s a win-win. So… why the change of heart?"

Wednesday: "I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else’s corrupt game"

Enid: "You mean Rowan?"

Wednesday: "I witnessed his murder, Enid"

Enid: "It’s just, we all saw him this morning. Very much, like, not dead"

Wednesday: "I know. Which leads me to believe I’ve been losing my mind. It’s not nearly as fun as I had anticipated. You’re Nevermore’s gossip queen. What’s Rowan’s story?"

Enid: "Other than being a weird loner… Uh… No offense"

Wednesday: "None taken"

Enid: "Xavier Thorpe’s his roommate. If you had a cell phone, you could just text him and ask him"

Four arms: "yo Enid, how much flare do you want on these whiskers?"

Enid: "as much as you can make 'em y/n! The Poe Cup droops for no one"

Wednesday, seeing her brother using his transformation for such a minimal task, schoffs.

Wednesday: "What is the Poe Cup anyway?

Enid: "My entire reason for living right now. Part canoe race, part foot chase, no rules. Each dorm has to pick an Edgar Allan Poe short story for inspiration. You could grab a brush. Ms. Thornhill’s just ordered pizza. Want to take a stab at being social?"