Chapter 3

Izzie don't panic. Everything will be fine. You are not even employed at a newspaper and you have no reputation as a writer, so even if you did want to write this interview (which you most certainly don't,) you can't because no one would publish it. All you have to do is calmly explain this fact, sign the stupid contract and then return back to normality where you never have to deal with Mr. I-Have-Never-Smiled-Before-In-My-Life-Not-Even-Once ever again. Take a deep breath, look them in the eye and tell them no. Problem solved.

“I am currently unemployed. I just lost an inter-ship yesterday. I’m not really a journalist so I can't write the article, maybe someone else can. But thank you very much for the offer.” I stand up and collect my things then begin to leave. “Wait,” Ollie shouts. Huh? Is he going to apologise or something? Maybe I have been a little bit harsh and I guess he's not that bad...

“You forgot to sign the bloody contract!” … Nope I was right the first time, complete prat. I march back to the table and furiously scribble down my signature.

“Wait Izzie, hear me out...,” Chelsea says. Every fibre of my body is screaming at me to leave but for some reason I stay. I don't have a clue why. I suppose you just don’t argue with someone like Chelsea.

“I have an idea. I want you to write an article about Ollie.”

“But why do I have to write it. You could get anybody you wanted! I think you have the wrong girl,” I protest, much like a horrified five year old. I take a gulp and modify my tone realising how stupid I sound.

“No, it needs to be you. Ollie has lost his reputation as a romantic hero, you need to bring that back. The situation is ideal. You bumped into him on the street by complete accident. It is fate because he bumped into a journalist. It’s quite poetic if you think about it which will help to increase the interest. I want you to follow him, spend… I don't know a couple of months in his company and then write an article about how you got to know the real Ollie Daniels. Put him in a good light and get rid of some of the rumours. It's beneficial for everyone. Ollie gets a good reputation and I have contacts, I can get you a job anywhere, and we'll pay you well.” Chelsea presses on despite my previous childish complaint.

No, no, flat out no. I will not spend months of my life tailing this arrogant, inconsiderate excuse for a human being. I open my mouth to reject the offer but the words won't come. I need this. I need a job. If I don't take this then how else am I ever going to get anywhere in my career? I can't bring myself to reject the offer.

“Okay,” I mutter hating myself for saying the words. “Fine I'll do it.”

Yes I accepted the offer, but in my defence I was desperate. Besides once I had said yes there was no going back was there?

“So where do you want to start?” Ollie mumbles staring out the window. I can't believe I let this happen. Yesterday morning I was just a normal blend into the background kind of person and I liked it that way. Today I am sat in Chelsea's office opposite a very moody Ollie Daniels trying to get some basic facts for the article I am writing on him.

“Okay that's not helping,” I say putting down my pen.

“What? What have I done now?” he asks shooting me a glare.

“Let's get this straight. I am just as thrilled as you are that I have to write this article. I am only doing it for my career. In fact I don't even like you that much at the moment...,”

“Feeling's mutual,” he interrupts bluntly.

“I had gathered that thanks. But seen as we are both here and we both have to do this you could at least turn and look at me. Give me the illusion that you are actually a nice guy,” I speak again this time a bit more forceful.