Interrupted

Takes place one week after "The Harvester of Dominion"

Footsteps echoed down the stone corridor, and Renathal stopped mid-thrust, making the Maw Walker whimper and wriggle against him. He snaked an arm over her shoulder and held his hand against her mouth, just hard enough to muffle her sounds of need before moving his hips against hers again.

In hindsight, this was a dangerous time and place to do this: up against the wall in the room the Maw Walker took as her own in the depths of Sinfall, when it was openly known she was there. The Maw Walker always had a steady stream of visitors looking for help or advice or simply her company, and her room, unlike Renathal's, was near Sinfall's main hall and easy to access.

Renathal knew all this, knew they would have no privacy. But it had been nearly a week since he'd last had his hands on his Maw Walker and his patience had been threadbare, hers nonexistent. She had thrown herself into his arms the moment the door was shut behind him, and the discovery that she was equally as frantic after their longest separation yet drove any thought of propriety - or practicality - from Renathal's head. And once they'd started, Renathal couldn't bring himself to pull out of her long enough to make the move to her bed; stopping altogether to adjourn to his own, more private, quarters was out of the question. The sight of her beautifully curved ass thrusting back to meet him and the dip in her back as she arched up against the wall was too mesmerising for any other thoughts.

But the other denizens of Sinfall clearly had many other thoughts, and the steps were obviously headed this way. There was an unspoken agreement between them to keep their trysts secret, and even if there wasn't, he was sure the Maw Walker would not want anyone to see her like this. Which was perfectly fine with Renathal. He preferred to believe he was the only one to see her so desperate and vulnerable.

The footsteps stopped and someone rapped hard on the door.

"Maw Walker?"

It sounded like Nandor, whom the Maw Walker was training for combat in her limited spare time.

Renathal froze inside her again. He could feel her walls throbbing around him, a sensation so intense he had to grit his teeth to keep from moaning. He lowered his hand from her mouth to caress her throat so she could answer.

"I'll be ready in a few minutes Nandor. I'll meet you upstairs," the Maw Walker called breathlessly.

"Is everything all right?" Nandor asked through the door, but the Maw Walker couldn't answer immediately. Renathal had started kneading circles in her hip with the hand not stroking her throat, and it was all she could do to keep breathing evenly.

The handle of the door began to turn.

"Yes!" the Maw Walker cried, her voice far too loud, as Renathal - in spite of the precariousness of their situation - thrust into her again, the stillness unbearable. "I mean, yes, I'm fine I'll see you in a minute thank you..."

The Maw Walker said all this too quickly and desperately, and Renathal knew if it were anyone else out there they would be in trouble. But Nandor was never the sharpest fang. He merely said, "Very well, I will await you on the surface!" and his footsteps clattered away.

Renathal managed to hold himself in check for six whole seconds, merely rocking his hips where they were, already sheathed against hers, as he waited for Nandor's footsteps to fade. As soon as the click of boots against stone could no longer be heard, Renathal picked up his pace, pounding against her quick and deep to make up for their lost time, thumb still stroking her windpipe.

The Maw Walker tried to keep quiet, she really did, but he was so big and she was so full and the sensation of him sliding thickly inside her was too overwhelming for her to control her voice. She keened softly as Renathal's other hand stroked patterns down her spine and she slammed her hips back to meet his as hard as she possibly could.

With a growl, Renathal pinned her flat against the wall and pushed his body flush against hers, forcing her up onto her toes to keep the deep angle she preferred. Renathal wrapped one hand fully around her throat and gripped her hip with the other for leverage as he rammed into her. The Maw Walker cried out, quivering at the delicious feeling of being pinned between her lover and the stone, rendered completely helpless and at his mercy, and Renathal knew she was close.

"Hush, dearest," Renathal whispered, his mouth against her ear. "As much as I love to hear you scream for me, I'm afraid you'll fetch us an unwanted audience."

The Maw Walker pressed her lips together in an attempt to obey, though her wordless cries continued to spill out brokenly from between them in spite of her best effort. Renathal smirked. He loved making his typically unflappable Maw Walker lose control.

"That's it. Good girl," Renathal crooned in her ear, and her walls clenched around him at his praise.

He pulled her face back to meet his and pressed his lips to hers in a bruising kiss, trying to swallow her jubilant cry. He didn't let her rest through her orgasm, however. Instead, he quickened his pace, rutting faster and faster until he was there, just there, and spilling inside her, his own growl now audible against her mouth.

Renathal could feel the Maw Walker's bliss-filled smile against his lips. Feel her legs shake as she fought to keep herself upright in spite of the powerful high she was coming down from. He eased himself slowly out of her with a low groan and a soft noise of disappointment from his lover. It made Renathal smile in satisfaction. She turned, leaning her back against the stone as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders again, this time dragging him down for a deep, slow kiss Renathal could have drowned in.

The Maw Walker broke first and leaned her forehead against his, fighting to control her breathing.

"Hello," she murmured. There had been no time for salutations when he had first arrived.

"Darkest greetings," Renathal replied, making her laugh against his lips. "It has been entirely too long. I have ... quite missed you."

"I missed you too," and she said it so tenderly Renathal could almost pretend she was saying something else.