Chapter 3

"Where are we going next?" Lucy asked the man, still quite curious about the magical community of this dimension.

Looking at the list to buy, it doesn't seem too expensive doesn't it? She was worried. She might be the wealthiest person as of now, but she knows how to handle her finances, even during her time with the guild.

Uniform

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

Books

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 Wand

1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal vials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

1 basic potions ingredients kit

Parchment

Quills

Inks

Students may also bring one of the following pets: Toad, cat, owl, rat, or pygmy puff.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

She scoffed in her head, why would she want to be in a broom? She prefers the turban from back home.

The first shop they went to was called Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. When they entered the shop, Madam Malkin was there. Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve.

"Hogwarts, dear?" she said, then noticed Severus,"Ah, hello Severus, good to see my dear. I didn't know that you guide new students?"

"Just this one, Madam Malkin," He drawled.

"I see," She smiled, then turned to her,"Why don't you wait there while I make your robes,"

"Uhm.. Can you make sure that robes are similar to ancient Chinese clothings and fabrics?" Lucy had to ask, and offered up a large roll of black fabrics she pulled out of nowhere,"My apologies, it has been a custom and I am used to it. The fabrics used for our clothings among the family are magic resistant and other things,"

"I understand," Madam Malkin nodded in understanding, as she took the large roll in her arm and was quite a surprise that it somehow leak of protection magic and was very smooth,"I will be done in a few, do you want to wait or you will go and buy the rest of your supplies and just come back?"

"We will finish shopping then come back here," Severus said, slightly intrigued by earlier conversation.

They bought her school books in a shop called Flourish and Blotts where the shelves were stacked to the ceiling with books as large as paving stones bound in leather; books the size of postage stamps in covers of silk; books full of peculiar symbols and a few books with nothing in