𝔁𝔁𝓲. the immortality

chapter twenty-two

chapter twenty-two

"you're out of your damn mind, Katherine," Alex scoffed into the phone as she drove to the Salvatore home, "that spell is dangerous, it's dark magic"

"you don't have to be there, Alex. just imagine how easy it'll be for us. we can travel the world for eternity, be free, just the two of us again like old times"

the only tie Katherine has to life, to her humanity, is Alex. she's been a constant for five hundred years, the only person she can trust with her life. the chance to live eternally like her, to be with her sister forever, is something Katherine would be a fool to deny.

Alex sighed. of course she wants Katherine to stay with her forever, and that's harder knowing that she can be killed easier than she and her blood siblings, but the immortality spell isn't something to take lightly.

"we'll talk about this tomorrow, don't do anything stupid"

Katherine giggled, "I can't make any promises!" and then ended the call.

it was perfect timing. the call ended just has Alex arrived at her destination, her home for the time being. she still has her apartment, but staying with the Salvatore brothers was much more entertaining, especially since she got a free show of watching them torture Elena till she got her humanity back.

Alex could hear their three voices as soon as she exited her car, and she decided to eavesdrop on their conversation before it would end when she would walk in.

"it all comes down to her, to Katherine. okay? Stefan said to focus on one thing, so I did, I focused on hate, and I hate her so much"

Alex heard Elena's voice, her tone dripping with anger, and inched closer to the door.

"I don't think that's what he meant" Damon spoke.

"Elena, Katherine is not worth your time. if you spend ten minutes of your life hating her, she wins"

she agreed with Stefan, simply hating Katherine was pointless. only a few people could get under her skin like that and win, and Elena certainly wasn't one of them.

"not if I kill her"

Alex froze. was Elena out of her mind? there's no way in hell she could kill Katherine.

"there's no way in hell you can kill Katherine," Damon said, saying exactly what Alex was thinking, "you'd have to get through Alex first, and she can't be killed"

"I know, she's immortal, but there's a cure for it. if I can use it on her, then kill her, I can kill Katherine too. both of our remaining problems will be gone"

"absolutely not!" Alex hears Stefan yell, "I don't care about the grudge you have against Katherine, but you're not touching Alex"

Alex smiles a bit at Stefan's words. he's defending her against Elena. it's proof that his love for her overshadows what he has, or really had, with Elena.