𝔁𝓲. the forbidden love

chapter eleven

chapter eleven

-

the powerful heretic compelled herself a penthouse. she didn't want to live in that mansion knowing everything she did there and everything else that had happened. though at this penthouse, she compelled a multitude of people to be her personal blood bags. her hunger grew more and more everyday, but she wouldn't tell a soul. everyone had enough on their plates, there was no need to add a heretic being consumed by black magic with her ripper side on the verge of popping out to add to their list of worries. besides, they hated her; but she wanted to change that. Alex decided to try and make peace with the people of Mystic Falls. seeing as she would be living there for now,it felt best to at least have some friends. stop one of the Alex Mikaelson-Pierce peace pact train was no other than the Gilbert residence.

she paced on their front porch, trying to figure out what to say and how to say it without using her accidentally mean sarcastic remarks as well. as she was pacing, Stefan ascended the front steps.

Alex groaned at his presence, "no!" she pointed at him with a look, "I need to talk to Elena and her brother and I cannot do that with you around to ruin it"

Stefan furrowed his brows, "ruin what... exactly?"

she huffed, putting her hands by her side, "I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. now run along, Stefan. you don't come until later on"

Stefan moved in front of Alex, stopping her from entering the house, "don't you think I should be the first you try to make ammends with? after eveything we talked about?"

she sighed, "I can't do this right now, Stefan. I apologized at the ball and you were the one who didn't forgive me"

"because it's going to take more than a drunken 'I did what I had to do' speech to get me to forgive you!"

the two ex lovers look at each other with glares, but behind their anger is sadness, grief, and that part of themselves that still held love for the other. which was stronger than both made themselves believe.

"why did you come back?" Stefan suddenly asked, not breaking eye contact with the girl. his stare made her feel small, like she was supposed to curl into a ball and cry for the mistakes she'd made in the past.

her explanation was simple, "I came back for you," she whispered. she noticed his eyes softened and could practically see the gears in his head turn as he processed her words. Alex automatically felt heat rise in her cheeks and the feeling of wanting to disappear came back. she wanted to turn around and walk away, but she was frozen in place, staring into the forest that was Stefan Salvatore's eyes.

the door to the Gilbert house opens and Elena stands at the entrance, a confused look on her face when she sees the two and their stare at each other.

"uh, is everything alright?" Elena speaks, breaking their trance.

Alex clears her throat, "ah, yes. everything is fine," she pushes Stefan out of her way and grins at the doppelganger, "I've come here to apologize for everything I did to hurt you and your brother. my family has a... special influence on me, and sometimes my anger get the best of me"