[²²🦋] 𝚋𝚎𝚘𝚖𝚐𝚢𝚞 {m}

tears were running down his ruby cheeks like summer rain

tears were running down his ruby cheeks like summer rain. a river of pain split in half, an abundance of salty water wetting his face no matter how much he tried to hide or cover it with his palms.

he couldn't believe that yeonjun was going to get married, but what was more hurtful was the fact that beomgyu kept lying to himself the whole time that he didn't care about him at all.

he cared. a lot. he wished he didn't but it wasn't that simple when his feelings were screaming for something already lost like an unrequited love.

he should be inside by now, enjoying the rest of the evening with his family, with his cousin and his partner, and with their nice friend. instead, beomgyu sank in his own madness, drowned in an endless dysphoric pool.

besides, if he went inside now after whole minutes of constant crying, everyone will pester him with useless questions like 'what happened to you?' or 'it's a special night, beomgyu-ah, what did you cry for?'

but what they didn't know was that taehyung was aware of the motives behind his deplorable state, so beomgyu dared to put himself first just this once.

a part of him didn't really think they would notice his absence anyway. sometimes he was so good at turning invisible... maybe a little too good.

and for once, gyu was feeling lucky and safe to have ignorant parents and relatives. he just couldn't deal with them right now, of all moments.

he wiped off his tears for the nth time, letting out muffled sobs, but every time he did that, fresh new tears pooled in his eyes, ready to roll down his cheeks.

why did this have to happen now? it was a question permanently popping up in his head. why did he have to find out about it now? everything could have worked quietly behind his back. he would've been clueless until graduation and with a little bit of luck, beomgyu would've read about yeonjun's wedding in the news.

it would've made him feel like shit, but at least he was ready to focus on his path and finally move on from everything that held him back to all the high school crap.

but not right now, when everyday felt like stepping on thin ice, when his emotions were still all over the place, chaotic and vile against his weak spirit. the news felt like a solid punch in the gut, but he rather had his body hurt, than his soul. unfortunately, there weren't many stitches left for those deep wounds that kept appearing overnight.

"i think this might be the first time i'm seeing a person crying at a nice party like this."

the foreign sound of a voice startled beomgyu just enough to stop his crying abruptly, mostly because he didn't expect company if that wasn't taehyung alone.

he started to run his fingers over his wet features in order to hide his red, puffy face, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"i-i'm sorry, i was just..." he started.