Chapter 1

Neteyam's Pov:

We just arrived at the Metkayina clan's island and they have said we can stay. Thank fucking god. Dad is talking to Tonowari while Mum and Ronal are listening to them and giving each other dirty looks. Lo'ak is looking at Tsireya. Tuk is standing behind Kiri while holding her hand and I'm just here observing it all, that is until somebody grabs my tail. Aonung. 

"How will you swim forest boy?" Aonung said circling me while his friends stand and watch. 

"This puny tail will do nothing in the water." Him and his friends laugh. I'm not going to lie him being mean actually hurt me. 

"Enough" Tonowari, The chief and Aonung's dad says slightly pushing him away from me. 

"The sully's are going to live here for now, you will all be nice to them" he said to the clan while still mostly looking at Aonung.

Aonung's Pov:

The sully family randomly showed up on our island. Who the fuck does that. And my father said they could stay. I'm pissed, and I think the rest of the clan is too. 

I guess if they're staying I may as well have some fun. I walk up to the eldest, son who is about my age I think and start to examine his tail. 

"How will you swim forest boy?" I say looking at his useless tail, if you could even call that a tail. 

"This puny tail will do nothing in the water" My friends and I laugh at him until I see a small wave of sadness wash over his face. Not very noticeable but if you were looking hard enough you could see it. Not that I was looking into him that much, was I? I stop laughing after seeing how my words impacted him. I don't know why I care about his feelings, but I do. 

A.N - Sorry I know this is really short but I just needed to get them meeting out of the way