Chapter 2

3rd Person/No one's Pov

"Alright kids, we have been very lucky to stay here so I need you all on your best behaviour okay, no picking fights. I'm looking at you Lo'ak and Neteyam." Jake says to his family. The Sully's all sit and eat dinner together while enjoying the piece. Something they haven't had for a while. After Neteyam finished his meal he left the pod and went towards the beach on the side of the island.

Neteyam's Pov

Walking along the beach and feeling the sand between my toes isn't something I'm used to but it is quite enjoyable. The cool night air blowing off the water, waves crashing over my feet, slightly sinking into the went sand with every step. So peaceful and quite all alone - Except, I'm not alone.  

Sitting on a piece of washed up driftwood was, Aonung? What a dickhead he is. I know my tail isn't meant for swimming because I'm a forest Avatar. 

Although I have taken notice of him he hasn't seen me. I stand there and look at him. His body is folded forward with his solders hunched over and his head down. He is resting his forearms on his thighs and looking down at his feet. He seems so sad.

I slowly walk towards him, trying my best not to startle him. He looks up at me and only then do I know how sad he really is. His cheeks are red and tear stained. He's been crying. I sit down next to him and put my arm around his back. He leads over and nuzzles his head into the crack of my neck. I put my other arm around him and hold him as he sniffles and slightly sobs.

Aonung's Pov

Finally wiping the my tears from my face I sit and and feel his arms leave my body. I now feel empty without his touch. I look at Neteyam sitting next to me. Why was he so nice. I haven't stopped picking on him since he got here and yet he held me as I cried. He doesn't even know why I was crying. 

"Thank you" I say to him. He smiles, and what an amazing fucking smile it is. 

"You okay? Why were you crying, if you don't mind me asking" He says softly in a comforting tone. I can't help but trust him in this moment. I look down, taking a deep breath in.

"I don't think my dad is very proud to have me as his son. He want's me to be the next chief and don't get me wrong I want that too but I'm also only 15. I need to live like a kid first. He makes every little thing about me being the next chief. I just couldn't handle it tonight so I came out for a walk and ended up like this." I say holding back tears. Neteyam pulls me back into a hug. This guy has the right to be so fucking mean to me right now but he choses not too. Instead he hugs and comforts me. 

"Your Dad is so lucking to have a son like you. An amazing talented, smart, handsome son like you." Neteyam begins. 

Did he just call me handsome. 

"You are going to become chief one day and you are going to do an amazing job" Neteyam continues. 

He just called me handsome, I probably blushing so hard right now. 

"I think you are brilliant and so does your dad." Neteyam finishes his speaking. 

"Did you call me handsome" I say looking back up meeting his golden eyes. He smiles one of his amazing smiles and then stands up. 

"I probably should get back but I'll see you around my handsome boy" he says with a grin on his face. 

"What did you call me?" 

"A Dickhead"