54. Insensitive

Marshall's P.O.V.

"So, are the rumors true? Is Eminem really feeding Aisha Knight drugs to get her to stay with him as Aisha's father Suge Knight claims?" The announcer on TV asks sarcastically and I roll my eyes to myself and shut the damn thing off altogether.

Ever since Aisha has been staying with me here in Detroit, it has been like this. The media, the fucking paparazzi man, they've been throwing and spinning all kinds of crazy stories about me and my girl, a lot of it obviously coming from Suge. That bitch ass motherfucker really sat down on MTV and did some shitty ass interview about how I apparently brainwashed his daughter, how I be drugging her daily to convince her to stay with me, and how he's worried for her mental well being. Yo, I swear to fuck man, the first time I've heard that, I almost lost it. Aisha did too. She was shocked her daddy would really say some crap like that, and she kept apolozing to me over and over, as if I would ever actually blame her for this shit.

That's not all Suge's been doing though.

Knowing damn well that he could never touch me professionally, since I ain't signed to his label or anything, he's been trying to get Aisha to come back to LA by basically holding her career hostage. Since for the past year or so, she has in fact being signed to him and Suge has been the one to handle her career for the past year or so, he is now shutting down every song of hers she's ever recorded under his management. Aisha's new album can't get no airplay anymore, and she is legally not allowed to perform any of her songs from that album live or make any profit in case any of it gets played in the radio. Suge basically owns all of her recently recorded music, and he's been taking full advantage of that to try and get her to come out of hiding.

Aisha's been devastated by this, since wanting to sing has always been this big dream of hers, and I honestly feel so fucking bad she's in this situation right now. I told her Paul could look into her contract with Suge's label for her and maybe figure something out, but she continues to refuse my help. She keeps saying she doesn't want me to get hurt on some way by getting involved and that honestly pisses me off so much that she's still acting like this, like she keeps underestimating me, thinking I don't stand a chance against her father. It really fucking upsets me man, and it hurts my pride like a motherfucker.

Now, I walk into my home studio and see that she's already in here.

Aisha has been using my studio a lot lately, trying to record something that's never been touched by her daddy, so that she could release it and try salvaging her career, but she's been struggling with writers block lately.

"Are you okay, baby?" I ask her, noticing how frustrated she looks as she sits by the soundboard, scribbling away on a piece of paper.

"Yeah, I'm fine Marshall," Aisha looks up at me, looking kind of sheepish like.

"Fuck you looking like that for girl?" I smirk.

"Nothing, I just, I think my daddy might not like this song I'm working on," she suddenly says.

"How so?" I ask, sitting down next to her. I smirk, looking her up and down, she's looking real good right now actually. Truth be told, I'm horny as fuck right now. These last few weeks man, ever since that time on the plane, Aisha ain't been giving me none. And I have no idea why cause she won't fucking tell me shit. Seems to me like she wants to, but she's been holding back for whatever reason, and it's been driving me up the fucking wall.

"Um well, I was just trying to express how my father thinks he can hold me back from making music now and how he thinks I'll be helpless without him but I'm not, I'm actually a whole lot stronger without him, I'm a survivor. But honestly, I don't think I'll ever even release it. It's just something for me to work out my emotions," Aisha sighs and I chuckle.