The Battle Begins

The trio walked out of the house with Eboni leading them,  in the backyard there was a small stand off going on between Leah and Seth with Jane and Alec neither side  knew what to do, besides wait for the trio.

    Jane instantly perked up at  Caius arrival. "Hello Master Caius, Master Aro sent us to watch over your human mate for the battle."

"I suspected as much, she's far too gifted for him to simply leave her be" Caius scoffed his brow furrowed in concern.

   "Paul, why don't you go shift, I can take your clothes with me. I assume someone is gonna carry me up the mountain, we know it's probably faster than me just walking." Eboni said with a small smile on her lips.

  Paul nodded, leaning down and giving Eboni a kiss on her head before jogging off to the patch of trees behind the house. Shifting out of sight so they could collect his clothes.

   "Master Caius, you may want to carry her...she smells a bit like...errr how should I say this, she smells like the wolf and the Cullen human."

   Leah let out a low growl, which earned her a nip in the side from Seth, warning her to behave.

   Eboni curiously looked at the Caius. She stepped up to him, leaving on the tips of her toes and whispered in his ear "Do the wolves smell bad to you guys?"

   Caius couldn't help but smirk at his loves question. "Yes, usually wolves smell like wet dogs to us, but Paul doesn't smell like that to me. But he most likely does to Jane and Alec here. Which is why they think you smell"

   "Well damn I can't catch a break, first you guys think I smell. Now they think I smell. What's a girl gotta do around here"

Eboni nodded toward the wolves then the vampires. Letting out a fake sigh of defeat.

   " Guess I'll just have to cut my loses." She said with a smile and Caius swooped down and picked her up.

   " Put you face into my neck so you don't lose your breath while we run." He said gently to her adjust his hard marble like body to be as comfortable to her fragile human body.

   Then in a flash they were off, Eboni couldn't see much with her human eyes.

It didn't take them long to get to the clearing, where the Cullens arranged everyone to meet.

   When they got there Eboni notice Bella had begun making small cuts on her fingers to smearing her blood all over the trees and stones on the battle field.

   Before Caius or Paul could even send her a warning glance Eboni had hopped out of Caius arms and begun making cuts on her finger and was copying Bella.

   Making sure that the place reeked of blood. Enough so that it confused newborn vampire.

   Eboni looked up as she did this to notice, she had almost a circle of protection around her. Paul and Caius standing the closest, then a little farther was Marcus and Leah and Seth. Eboni couldn't help the smile that formed on her face.

      When she was done, Paul had transformed back to make sure she was okay and to wrap her finger in a band-aid scolding her silently.

   Paul and Jacob made eye contact from across the field  before they both scooped down and picked up their respective human. Paul nodded at Caius who gave a curt nod toward him then the guard. Eboni wrapped her arms around his neck.

     "You know I didn't agree to do this to make you guys worry about  me. I did it because it's the right thing to do. If not I would be at home worrying that you might come home dead or hurt. Do you think I could sit at home like Emily and cook to distract myself from knowing you're out there putting yourselfs in danger "

     Paul sighed, he knew she was right. Eboni wasn't one to sit around and wait for anyone. If she could go along she would. It made Paul happy but anxious at the same time that she didn't seem to like anyone's help.

     "I know. Just you can't blame me for worrying I just meet my imprint and she throwing herself at danger like it's an old friend." Eboni came back with

     "Well, it's not like I haven't been hurt before. So danger could kind of be a old friend." She said it so matter of factly it was almost cute.

    But it also bought sadness to Paul. Caius who wasn't that far away growled loud enough that Eboni heard.

Knowing she had been hurt and knowing that she was talking about her trauma.

  " But that's the thing, danger and pain should not be the norm for you" Caius said with a scowl.

     He didn't respond and they both knew he didn't have to A silence fell over them. Not the awkward kind. It was quite comfortable actually. Before Eboni knew it they were at the top of the mountain.

       Telling her to unpack her sleeping bag and the blankets and extra jackets. She did as she was asked.

     Dark seemed to approach almost to soon. Paul got the tent up in record time. One of the wolves came to take shifts portaling. It looked like Seth was taking turns patrolling Bella and Eboni camps since they said he was to young for the actual battle.

      Eboni was curled up in her sleeping bag with extra blankets shoved in there with her. Even with all this warmth she was still freezing her teeth chattering loudly.

      Paul didn't want to invade her private space but if he didn't she would get frost bite before the end of the night. He unzipped the sleeping back. Taking his shirt off so his skin. Could warm her more directly.

     Eboni whined as more air was let in bit quickly made her self quite as she was warmed by Paul's body heat. She practically sighed. Quickly curling up against his body. Falling asleep soon after.

   Paul was worried though her typically pink lips had turned slightly blue. So she quickly made sure to press as much of her body as she could up to him.

     He cradled her to his chest gently almost afraid that if she touched him to hard that she'd break. The first night was the hardest the toughest on the humans of there supernatural group.

The morning arrived faster then Eboni had hoped. Today Paul would leave her to go help the pack deal with the baby vamps. They were far enough away that it would take some time for the baby vamps to get to her. But still close enough to be bait for them.

They wanted the vamps to think she was Bella. To want to try and kill her. Which set all the wolfs on edge. No one in the pack was ok with this idea. But upon Eboni request, they had no choice but to agree.

Paul lingered at the camp as long as he could before he had to go. He gave Seth a hard look, before he made his way down the mountain. She knew that he was telling Seth to watch her.

It was about and hour before the fighting started. Eboni couldn't help the pounding of her heart. She watched that multi-colored wolf as if he would disappear. She flinched every time a got to close to him.

It wasn't long before she noticed the battle was quickly going down hill. There were too many newborns. They had realized the more of them that attacked a single wolf. The better chance they had at killing that wolf. They quickly over-powered Leah. It wasn't long for them to pin Jared. He heart was practically beating out of her chest.

At the rate it was going. The wolves would be goners. she looked around. She then realized, she had a pocket knife. She quickly flicked the blade out. Seth yelped he looked alarmed. Eboni looked at him apologetically. Then she sliced her wrist deep enough that blood came pouring down her wrist. She felt slightly faint.

Paul instantly looked up and saw the crimson color of her blood against the white snow on the mountain. He ran as fast as he could to get to her before the vampires.

Caius eyes also snapped up, running along side Paul trying to make it to Eboni before any of the newborns could. But before they could, there was a loud thump.

As Ebonis body was flung against a tree. Her body being held up by a hand around her neck.

"Hello Eboni, did you miss me baby?"