Protector

[this is a Twilight fan fiction. I own none of the character but my own. It will loosely start and follow eclipse but with some major changes down the line.]

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of domestic abuse and rape

It all started a year ago, in a old, small town with a population that barely reached 1,500. My mom had just moved us to the small town of Shallow, Virginia when she was offer more money and a better opportunity at a different hospital.

   My story started like all sappy love stories do, I was the new kid at school. So of course my first day at the school, I stood out like a sore thumb. I had no friends so I was alone during any free period of time when it came to socializing. Until HE came into the picture. He seemed so normal, so perfectly, normal...too normal.

He had a dazzling smile, one that was contagious and drew you into him like a spider into his web. Silky black hair and brown almost black eyes that seemed as if they could see into your very soul. His name was Damian. He became my first friend at my new school, his charisma and affection slowly clawed its way into the depths of my heart and feelings quickly took root.

    He had become my lifeline, simple conversation slowly became flirtation, but it became something more to me over time. A month at my new school I was dating the most attractive guy in school.

But little did I know that I would soon regret ever meeting him. Ever being pretty enough to catch his attention for him to notice me. I had been dating him for almost five month. When we suddenly got into a stupid fight.

He suddenly hadn't been spending as much time with me, something always came up when we made plans to spend time together outside of school, and when we finally got together to spend time together. He was constantly on his phone, glancing at it every time he got a notification. So playfully l went and leaned over him and I snatched it away.

"Who are you texting? Huh Damian? Got a girlfriend on the side?" I said I had a playful smile on my mouth the entire time.

The next thing I know my head is pointed to the left and my cheek burns a tang of metallic on my tongue. I look up, glancing through my bangs, while holding my cheek complete and utter shock covered my face as I looked up at him and was startled by the look he gave me.

"Who do you think you are snatching MY phone out of MY hand!, you little bitch!" he said as he grabbed my face roughly in one hand.

   " I'm sorry, I'm really sorry Damien I won't do it again. It's my fault, I'm sorry" I looked down, refusing to look up past my feet as I apologized. Tears running down my face in hot streams.

That was the first time he hit me. The first time, he had blamed me for making him mad, for making him hurt me.

After that day it only got worse, he lashed out more frequently. Slaps became punches, punches became kicks until I would come home and remove my clothes to see whelps and bruises covering my sides and legs from him beating me. He mostly avoided my face. He didn't want to "ruin my pretty face" not after the first time he had hit me.

The last time I saw him was the most painful beating I could remember. I remembered us going to a "party" with a couple of his friends that night. It was mostly just Damion laughing and drinking with all of his buddies. I had glued myself as close to the wall as I could. I never liked going to these parties Damion's friends always looked at me as if I was a piece of meat.

     As if they were waiting for Damien to give them the okay to just eat me alive. It was terrifying. But it terrified me way more to tell him that I didn't wanna go.

I don't even remember much about the night, Damion had brought me a new drink that he had made for me. " You look thirsty baby, drink this your other one isn't even cold anymore silly girl" I smiled shyly as I accepted it.
    "Thank you Damien you always know exactly what I need"