Part 12

Robin and the others entered an abandoned house where they had their private meeting with Arella.

Conner: Alright, lady. Who are you?

Arella: My name is Arella Roth, the mother of your new adversary.

Beast Boy: You mean Raven.

Robin: Who's Raven?

Beast Boy: A hybrid sorcerer doing her father's dirty work.

Arella: The father is Trigon the Terrible.

Starfire: Did you just say Trigon?

Arella: Yes. You heard of him?

Starfire: Yes, I have. He's a legend to my planet.

Arella: Then you must have also heard of the prophecy. He needs the gem to release himself from the underworld. Our daughter is that gem. She would have to sacrifice herself to free her father.

Conner: But how is Trigon a threat to us?

Starfire: Because his army came and destroyed my planet. Then the demon himself took my sister away. I believe your planet will be next.

Robin: Arella, is there any way we can stop this from happening?

Arella: I'm afraid there's only one way to prevent this. We must destroy the gem before she fulfils the prophecy.

Cyborg: Now wait a second here! This is your child we're talking about!

Arella: There is no other way.

Beast Boy: Come on! You really think the girl's dumb enough to commit suicide?!

Robin: You got a point there, Beast Boy. I think Raven will turn against her father. She's not going to give her life for a man who would take the life of her own kid.

Beast Boy: So, that's why I ended up on a deserted planet. She wants her father to believe that she is destroying life as we know it.

Conner: Arella, there's got to be a way to help Raven survive her fate.

Arella: There is one way.