𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨.

in the course of the next few weeks of them living under the same roof- the two of them encountered little to none problems, always following their systematic format on who's in charge of which chore.

they would always have their alternations, y/n doing the household chores while shinichiro was away at work and vice versa- and none of them ever complained at this.

however, in this particular tuesday, the young woman was called in to work saying that she was needed to review certain files that were sent by sponsors.

and today was also the day that she's supposed to stay at home and handle all off the duties to be done indoors.

thankfully, shinichiro was kind enough to stay at home and do it for her- knowing how hard it must've been for his wife to stay in her company all night due to revising other files that were needed on the same day.

his shop can wait, his wife's work couldn't.

in all honesty, addressing minamoto y/n as his wife was still kind of surreal for the man himself- still not being able to process that he's actually 'married' now.

he was actually given permission by the woman herself to address her as his wife seeing that they needed to keep their image as a happily married couple in public, why not start practicing indoors to make it seem natural?

despite being rejected twenty times in his twenty-four years of existence, he totally had forgotten about them once he felt like he redeemed himself by having someone to call his wife.

"are you sure you're alright missing a day off on the shop?"

concerned (e/c) eyes pierced through his figure, the raven haired man humming in agreement as he pushed her towards the front doors where the woman's shoes was waiting for her.

"i own it anyways so what's the big deal. your job is much more important- do you have your lunch inside?"

the more that shinichiro spends his time inside of the house, he found himself doing domestic chores that he didn't even realize he was doing.

and honestly? the new feeling of being the one running the house for his hard working wife felt kind of good towards himself- feeling proud that he's actually helping around and not just on the financial expenses for them both.

y/n nodded, taking out the messily yet still cutely wrapped bento from her bag, putting it back inside when the man began shooing her out of the house.

"now off you go- don't wanna lose some sponsors just because it's your turn around the house right?"

now the (h/c) haired woman wasn't complaining at his sheer kindness, taking another day off from his work just to fill in the duties that she's supposed to do.

but she couldn't help and feel guilty for having to lie at him again. if it only weren't for some pesky rats that decided to steal money from them, then she would've been here resting and him doing what he likes- which involves his beloved bikes.

y/n would always excuse her having 'sponsors' whenever she gets called in by her father, shinichiro immediately understanding what she's going through and would always send her off with a bento- it's what husband's do.

even if it's half edible due to him burning the meat or overcooking the rice, she still gratefully took it from him since she couldn't bear to see that proud look on his face disperse into one of shame and embarrassment for not even knowing how to cook properly.

the young woman asked him why he was doing this in the first place when she can just make her own food. but according to him, since she would always prepare him lunch whenever he's out to work- it's only fair for him to make her a bento too.