Ch. 1- A not so average grocery trip

Raquelle met him in a supermarket of all places, on a Wednesday, it was the most average Wednesday of her life, until, it wasn't. She saw him from across the produce aisle, so bright and sweet, he had an earthy air about him, the moment Raqquelle's eyes landed on him, her life was changed forever.

Raquelle prides herself in her wealth and beauty, she's hot, she's rich and she knows it. It's baffling seeing how Raquel became so infatuated by beets, there's nothing particularly fancy about beets nor does beets have a rich taste, at least compared to Raquelle yet there she was staring at him. Though Raquel has never been referred to by anyone as shy she couldn't bring herself to approach beets, so she hurriedly grabbed a package of oyster, some caviar and a bottle of sparkling white wine before promptly exiting the store.

As soon as she took a seat behind the wheel of her red corvette Raquelle was hit with a wave of anxiety and regret, it hit so quickly and so out of the blue that Raquel began to shake and curl into herself. She had missed her chance with beets, the potential love of her life, she couldn't go back, not only would she make a fool of herself in front of beets but she would also look like an idiot in front everyone in the store. She couldn't just walk back in after she practically ran out. Her image, if hadn't already, would crumble.

Raquel slowly removed her arms, which had been fiercely hugged to her sides, put the key in the ignition and began heading back to her mansion.

This is ridiculous Raquel thought to herself, and after she had finally gotten over Ken (though Barbie could never know that, to Barbie Raquel was still a boyfriend stealer and Raquel would prefer to keep it that way). To be so shaken up by beets, she'd never even seen beets before much less interacted with him, it was absurd.

Raquelle had barely even registered that she was home until she found herself parked in the garage.

"Hey Raquel!" Her brother, Ryan called out as Raquelle opened the door, grocery bags in hand.

"Whoa whoa whoa.. what with the look? I haven't gotten anything on my beautiful face have I?" Ryan asked immediately, glancing at himself in one of the many mirrors hanging in the Raquelle mansion.

"It's nothing Ryan, let it go." Raquelle replied stiffly, shoving past Ryan and walking into the kitchen.

"Hey don't ignore me like that, being in my incredible presence will surely brighten your mood! Right Raquelle?"

"God just leave me alone" Raquelle squawked as she ran up to her bedroom.

"And if you follow me up here I swear I will break your 'gorgeous' face." Raquelle slammed her bedroom door shut just as Ryan began yelling "NO NOT MY BEAUTIFUL DAZZLING FLAWLESS FACE!!!"

The next morning Raquelle told herself she was completely over beets, she could not start pining like she always does. She had only ever seen him once, and briefly at that. I mean really how hard could it be?