Ch. 3- Unable to ingnore

Raquelle started going to the grocery store everyday. At first she made excuses, saying to herself oh it's just because I've run out of this item or that. Though deep down she knew she was lying to herself.

Everyday she would go to the grocery store, everyday she would walk down to the produce section and everyday beets would be there waiting.

They started with small talk, then idle chats, as they began to get to know each other their conversation became much longer and deeper. Raquelle shared more about herself with beets then she ever had with anyone else and beets felt the same. They became close, so close that Raquelle felt as though she could share anything with him and she would be cared for and accepted regardless.

Almost everything at least. She tried her best to hide, though she was unsure as to how successful she was, it was always lingering in the back of her mind, her growing feelings for beets. She wanted him more than anything she ever had unfortunately this felt like the one thing she could never get. Raquelle had never felt this way before, all her wishes were granted to her (except Ken but he's not important). She wanted him, she wanted him so bad it hurt. Her heart was bursting with desire, her thoughts always traced back to beets, beets, beets. She could never get enough.

After months of depriving herself, of not giving in to her desires out of fear of running what was now the most important thing in her life she finally felt as though she could no longer bear it. She made her way to the grocery store. The trip had become so natural she moved on autopilot. I will tell him today, I can't keep living like this she thought to herself. Raquelle valued him deeply as a friend but the strong desire and the what ifs were slowly eating away at her until she felt as though she would crumble to dust.

She walked straight over to where beets always was, she no longer had to look around for him, she hadn't needed to for a long time now. As she got closer something felt off. Once she arrived she immediately knew why, beets were gone.