Ch. 2- Beet Cute

Moving on turned out to be extremely difficult. Every time she saw a shopping bag it reminded her of him. All Raquelle ever looks at are shopping bags so it was practically impossible to ignore. Whenever she steps outside to lounge in her back yard the breeze and warm dirt bring memories of beets flooding into her mind.

First she tried flat out ignoring her thoughts.

When that failed she sought out distractions, she sketched out designs for a new line of dresses for the fall, every stroke mimicked beet's curves, each smudge reminded her of his warm skin, her markers echoed the brightest that surrounds him. She visited the nail salon, it worked for a while but as soon as she left the bustling atmosphere her thoughts immediately came back to her. She even tried hanging out with her brother, yes Ryan, that brother. It didn't work either.

After a week of ignorance and distractions she couldn't handle it any longer.

She jumped into her car and started towards the grocery store hopeless and defeated.

She tried not to get her hopes up really, she tried but she couldn't help it when her heart began to race faster and faster as she approached the produce sections.

She ran her fingers through her hair, fidgety has she let her eyes wander across the shelves and tables. After a few minutes she began to worry that she had missed her chance. Suddenly her something caught her eyes. She tried not to let a gasp escape as her eyes landed on him, beets.

She approached him trying (and failing) to look nonchalant.

"Um hi" Raquelle said as she approached him.

"Hello there" beets responded in a low yet soft voice.

"I was uh wondering if you happened to where the-the uh cheerios were. I need some for.. my brother yes my brother."

"I believe they are on aisle 6. You have a brother? I have quite a big family myself."

"Yes I have a brother. His name is Ryan."

"That's lovely. And yours?"

"My what" Raquelle asked? Slightly confused.

"Your name. What's your name?"

"OH! Uhm my name is Raquelle" a hint of blush dusted across her cheek.

"Ryan and Raquelle! How cute! My name is Mr. Beets, but you can just call me beets if you would like."

"It's very nice meeting you beets" Raquelle replied with a soft smile on her face.

"It's been lovely meeting you as well"

Raquelle waved and walked out of the store in a daze, completely forgetting about the cheerios.