Ch.5- My heart beets

"Raquelle?" The voice is low and soft.

Raqulle jumped slightly slowly, turning around.

"Beets?" She asked voice shaking with emotion "is it really you?"

"Yes Raquelle, I'm here. Always."

Raquelle took in the roughness of his skin, spots sprinkled across it, his curves and roots.

"You- I thought you had left me."

"I would never- could never leave you Raquelle"

"Why shouldn't you, I'm selfish, rude, arrogant, and.. heartless."

"No Raquelle, you can't be heartless."

"You don't know that"

"But I do, you make my heart beet. You are the co2 I crave, you are the sunshine warming my garden. You Raquelle are the reason live"

"Beets, I-I don't know what to say"

"There is no need for you to say anything at all," beets said honestly. "Hey come here"

And so Raquelle did, she wrapped her arms around beets, held him close, her eyes were welling up with tears, she began to cry as she held onto him.

"Beets" raquelles voice was barely a whisper. "I'm afraid I may have fallen for you"

"My love, my feelings couldn't be farther from fear, for you have already stolen my heart and as long as I have you I will never want it back. You are my heart, and perhaps I am yours"

With tears streaming down her face she caressed the top of his head. She held him in her arms and kissed him slowly, softly, her breath caught in her throat. This is where I belong, she thought. Right here, in this supermarket with him.

"My heart beets for you and only you" Raquelle confessed with passion and honesty.

"My heart will only ever beat for you" beets replied with so much emotion in his voice that Raquelle would be an utter fool if she did not believe him.

Raquelle sighed with joy and relief

"For you and only you."