PROLOGUE

GIRL MEETS WORLD.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

It hurt to breath air into her lungs as Idalia and her friends ran through the hallway. The bell late bell rang 10 minutes ago, "What's the class number?" Ben asks panting as they race down the hall "Room 18!" Erica groans, gasping for air. Idalia turns to look at a boy as they pass him, he turns to stare at them confused. He makes eye contact with her, and he smiles at her. She smiles back at him before she hesitates. She slows down before fully stopping watching as her friends keep running, she turns back to the boy who's looking down as a piece of paper. She slowly makes her way over to him "Hi" she smiles awkwardly, glancing down at the paper in his hands.

He looks up at her "Hi" he smiles back at her "Do you need help?" she asks motioning towards the paper. "Oh, yeah, do you know where room 18 is?" he asks "Yeah actually, that's where I'm heading" she says motioning for him to follow her. "I'm Lucas" he extends his hand to her "Idalia" she smiles shaking his hand. "Thats a really pretty name" he compliments as they walk down the hallway "Thanks" she smiles, looking down trying to hide her blush "I'll tell my dad he did a good job" she cringes as soon as the words left her mouth. Lucas chuckles, looking at her but she's trying not to look at him, not trusting herself to not blush profusely. "So, where you from?" she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear "Texas" he glances at her, she grins looking up at him "did you have horses and all that?" he nods still smiling down at her. They round the corner making their way down the stairs "What the hell! where did you go" she looks up to see her friends standing outside their classroom.

Enzo raises his eyebrows seeing the guy standing behind her, he stares at her expectantly. She purses her lips "Sorry... He's new and I was helping him find his class" she explains "This is Lucas, Lucas these are my friends" she points to them as she says their names.

The classroom door opens to reveal the group of eight, Lucas in front of the group "Who are you, I don't know who you are" Mr. Matthews declares, Lucas makes his way over to him "I'm Lucas Friar, Austin, Texas" he hands the teachers the transfer slip "Oh, new student, Mr. Friar?" he asks, Idalia blinks as if it weren't obvious "Yes sir."

"Great, you're just in time for today's assignment, have a seat" Lucas sits down in the empty desk behind Riley. Matthews stares at the group of seven expectantly. They stare back at him, still standing by the door awkwardly before Ben is the first one to speak "Sorry we're late" he shrugs as they all move to their seats in the back of the class.

"Okay, so I'd like you guys to open your books to page 48" everyone does "Now I'd like you to turn to page one" Idalia frowns "Now I'd like you to read from page one to 48" the wholes class groans, Idalia loves reading...just not boring stuff like this. "Oh, too bad on you" Matthews waves off. "Okay, so for tonight's assignment, I'd like you to write me a three-page essay on anything. Anything at all that you guys believe in so strongly you'd fight for it." Idalia looks down at her textbook trying to think of something when her train of thought gets interrupted. "That! I'd fight for no homework. I come here every day. Why can't you teach me everything I need to know while I'm here?" Maya points at him accusingly, Idalia shares a look with Sophie, who's sitting next to her. " Whoo!" Riley cheers but immediately stops at her father's expression "Not whoo!" she mimics the same arm motions again.

"No one cares" Jack mumbles loud enough for just the kids in the back of class to hear, causing them to snicker quietly. "He gets our days. Let's take back our nights" Maya stands up, waving her arms around as if she's giving some important, life changing speech. "No homework, more freedom! Who's with me?" Maya announces proudly, the group share glances between each other, silently judging her. "No homework, more freedom. No homework, more freedom. No homework, more freedom" She chants, most of the class joining in. "This shit is so embarrassing" Emma cringes.

"No, no, c'mon guys, she came up with something really groundbreaking" Ben mocks causing them all to laugh. Their words drowned out by the chanting. "Farkle, are you with us or not? No homework, more freedom" Riley chants as she follows Maya to the door and leaving, most of the class following "No homework, more freedom - My education or my women? My education or my women? My education or my women?" Farkle panics turning his body towards the two girls and back to their teacher repeatedly before he starts to wobble "Oh, it's happening again, sir" he calls out before he promptly passes out.

Idalia had her arm linked with Mike as they leave their last class of the day, making their way towards the front doors to meet with the rest of the group. "Coffee shop?" Mike asks as they reach their friends "Yeah, just don't have any money" Emma purses her lips awkwardly. "What? where'd all your money go?" Ben asks staring at her judgingly "I'm wearing it..."

"Hey, look it's your boyfriend" Enzo kicks the back of Idalia knees causing her to almost topple over while he motions at Lucas, standing at the bottom of the stairs. She smacks his arm "Stop!" her face flushes. "Go invite him" Erica grins shoving her lightly towards him "What? no, I don't even know him" Idalia shakes her head but her grin is just as big "Exactly! get to know him" Emma shimmies her shoulders, Sophie nodding in agreement. She shifts her weight into the balls of her feet before her groans "Okay...okay okay" she shakes her hands, shaking off the nerves, fixing her hair before walking down the stairs to him.

"Hey" she smiles at him, standing on the last step to be taller than him. "Oh hey" he puts his phone in his pocket smiling up at her "So um...do you know what you're doing for the assignment" she has her arms behind her back playing with her fingers, swaying her body slightly. "I have a rough idea of what I'm gonna write" he nods staring into her eyes, her knees almost give out.

"Well, we're all going to Central Perk to work on it, do...you wanna join us?" she asks hopefully, her eyes revealing it. "Yeah, I'd like that" he walks closer to her. "...Cool" she blushes, both walking towards her friends. Their hands brushing against each other's, they turn to look at each other, smiling.

This was kinda ugh...the next one'll be better, fs.