000.

GIRL MEETS SNEAK ATTACK

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

The flashing lights in the Roller rink have Idalia feeling like she's about to have a seizure. She's leaning against the wall inside the rink, watching while Lucas puts the skates on. "Wait...can you even skate?" she asks curiously, tucking her hair behind her ears. "No... but how hard can it be?"Idalia rubs her lips together trying to suppress a smile "Yeah, you're right, it's really easy" Lucas finishes tying the skates and stands up, he takes the first step, and his leg rolls too far out, and he falls onto the wall that separates the rink from the carpet.

Idalia covers her mouth with both her hands "Oh my god! Are you okay?" she giggles rushing over to him. "Yeah," he groans standing back up, his hand over his stomach. "You want one of those skate helpers?" she asks, holding both his hands as she carefully leads him to the rink "Those things that kids have?" he deadpan blinks at her, and she giggles "There's no shame in it...my dad had to use it and he's 48."

"Really? You're not just lying to try and make me look stupid?" Lucas laughs "No! My dad knows how to skate for one of his roles and he forced me and my mom to help him. Me and my mom got it in a day...it took him a week" she laughs. "Well did he get it?" Lucas asks, Idalia, leading him onto the concrete flooring. "...No"

"Can I let go?" she smiles, Lucas has a tight grip on her hands while she leads him around the rink for the past 10 minutes. "No." his grip tightens "C'mon, you'll be fine!" she encourages him trying to pull her hands away. He stares at her worriedly "One hand" "Okay". As soon as she pulls one hand away "You know what, I'm hungry" he lies trying to push her back towards the entrance "You're lying...you're scared" she teases but still lets him push her to leave "No!" "Yes! you can ride a sheep, but you can't skate?" "Shut up".

Idalia was sitting at her desk, her hot chocolate in her hand, she and Lucas had hung out several times over the past week, alone and with the rest of the group. Sophie's on the phone with her mom, she had got them tickets to the Annabelle movie, as long as they didn't tell their parents. "Hi" Lucas smiles at her, sitting down at the desk next to her "Hey" she grins turning her body to face him "So guess what" She takes a sip of her hot chocolate "What?" he smiles back at her, putting his phone on his desk, his body facing her. "My aunt got us tickets to Annabelle, wanna go with us?" she folded her legs on the seat. Lucas makes a face, unsure about wanting to watch a horror movie "Please! C'mon it'll be fun, don't be a pussy" she begs staring at him judgingly. He raises his eyebrows at her, looking at her with surprise "This is peer pressure you know; we watched a video about this in health class" he teases. She rolls her eyes smiling "C'mon...please!' she begs. "Alright, I'll go"

"I was so worried about this new school year. New school, new people, I didn't think I was going to survive" Riley rants as she and Maya approach their lockers "Not only am I surviving, I'm thriving. I'm like a plant going like this..." she twirls her arm up while sticking her leg out weirdly. "What was I so worried about?" she sighs smiling, trailing behind Maya into the classroom. Maya freezes at the door seeing the scene in the classroom, she knew this would ruin Riley. She turns and puts her hand over Riley's eyes pushing her out of view of the classroom and into the lockers. "What are you doing?" Riley asks confused "Oh, but this is too easy. It's Maya. I know because I saw you put your hand over my face. I'll do you now" She reaches her hand out, thinking they're playing a game. "Oh, that's not the game" Maya backs up "What's the game?" Riley asks, "The game is to protect the plant...from the bulldozer in the corduroy jacket" Maya states. "Oh, Maya, bulldozers don't wear cord-..."

Idalia leaned close to Lucas as if they were telling secrets. She was talking animatedly, her hands waving around as she had the biggest grin while she talked, Her friends were listening but not looking at her, but Lucas looked at her like she hung the stars in the sky.

"Sneak attack... December 7th, 1941" Matthews writes on the board "A date which will live in infamy" Farkle answers, his hand raised. "A date? They're going on a date? In Italy?" Riley frowns "No, honey. You're in History" Maya shakes her head, trying to comfort her friend. "I'm history?" Riley whimpers "Okay, put your hand up"

"Yes, Riley? You have a pertinent observation on the subject of the sneak attack?" the teacher asks, "May I be excused?" Maya tries to get her to recite. "My eyes see my shoes" Mr. Matthews looks at Maya confused, she sighs and points behind them to Idalia and Lucas who are passing notes to each other with rosy cheeks. He nods understanding what was happening "Yes, Riley, you may be excused" he sighs "Forever?" she asks hopefully "No, you have to come back to class at some point, honey. You just have to" Riley gets up and starts walking out of the room, staring at the floor not paying attention to where she's going. Mr. Matthews pushes her before she walks into the wall. "It was another sunny day in paradise before the sneak attack that changed everything."

"You sure you don't want me to walk you inside?" Lucas asks his hand holding hers as she sways them back and forth. Lucas offered to walk her to the coffee shop, which was just walking a couple of feet behind their friends. "Best if you don't, my dad's here and he's...crazy" She lets out a breathy laugh looks at the floor, and chuckles "Okay, next time?" he pulls her closer to him, grabbing her other hand so she can face him as they reach her building. She nods blushing "Yeah...next time" she tilts her head slightly. They stand there staring into each other's eyes smiling like idiots, his thumb rubbing the back of her hand. "Okay...see you tomorrow" She kisses his cheek before walking into the shop.

fixed 👍