001.

GIRL MEETS TRUTH

  ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Idalia stood outside the auditorium pacing back in forth, her friends sitting in the chairs next to the door. Running over the lines in her head, she had already memorized them but she was panicking. "Idalia you already know the lines, fucking relax" Enzo groans rubbing his hand over his face, his sisters pacing stressing him out. "I just really wanna get the part" she sighs turning to face her friends, her arms dropping to her sides as Mike takes the script from her hand and flips through the pages. "All right..." he mumbles

He takes her hand, looking into her eyes "If I profane with my unworthiest hand. This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this, My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." he reads off the page occasionally looking up to her. Idalia smiles "Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, Which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss" she recites from memory. "Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?" Mike reads. "Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer" she looks into his eyes "O then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray: grant thou, lest faith turn to despair" Idalia stands nervously as her minds blanks "um...oh- Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake" The door to the auditorium opens as Riley and Maya walk out, a script in Riley's hand.

Idalia laid on the stone bed, her arms crossed over chest. "Eyes look your last. Arms, take your last embrace" Lucas kneels next the bed resting his forehead on the bed. Lucas raises his head to look at Idalia "And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss."

He leans over her, moving closer towards her lips until their inches apart. "Back off!" Lucas turns to see Farkle behind him pointing the foam spear at him "What meanest thou...spear carrier who havest no lines" Lucas glares at him "You tried to kiss another woman, this I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle takes off his hood shoving his finger at Lucas.

Idalia sighs opening her eyes and turning to face the boys "Farkle, what are you doing?" he glances back towards Idalia whos staring back at him "It's Romeo and Juliet" Lucas turns back to Farkle. "Well now, it's Romeo and Juliet and Farkle, I play Farkle" he smiles.

"Dude, i'm supposed to kiss Dolly, Shakespeare said" Lucas frustratedly explains. "Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet" Farkle asks the audience holding up his spear, they all cheer. Maya stands up clapping "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier" Idalia friends share an annoyed look. "I think the spear carrier should kiss Maya too!" Jack echoes into his hand, before turning to look around looking for who said it. The auditorium cheers, Maya waves them off as she stalks towards the stage "You're too kind, seriously" she rolls her eyes. Lucas helps Idalia off the stone bed as Maya lays on it. She fixes her red dress standing next to Lucas, their hands still holding each others.

_______

fixed 👍