Chapter III: GOOD JOB

Principal Weems didn't mention the exact time I'll be conducting the demo or which class, or the location of the room either. So, here I was just waiting in the room I'm currently occupying for now. I'm done checking the things I'll be needing, the laptop and other props for the mock teaching. I didn't expect Wednesday to come and see me to say good luck or just to check up on me it was supposed to be the other way around but I have to make sure I'll be accepted here so I can do my duty as per her mother requested and also make good use of my degree.

  I'm currently reading a book that I packed with me about the history of a Southeastern country that I have just recently been to, while just sitting in the office chair. Then I heard knocks on the door, I put the book down on the table and made my way to the door to open it. 

 It was the Headmistress who greeted me with a smile on her lips.

Principal Weems: Good afternoon Miss Adaliah. Have you had your lunch?

She asked, confusion visible on my face as I looked up at her. "Good afternoon? too Miss Weems". I looked at my wrist watch and it is indeed lunchtime. "oh! It's already lunchtime. Time went by impossibly fast." Much more talking to myself. "Please come in first, I'll just pack the things I'll be needing."  I let her in and I went back to the desk to put my laptop in the bag together with other things.

Principal Weems; Umm. You didn't answer my question yet Miss if you had lunch. And no, we're not heading there yet, actually, I was about to ask you if you would like to go with me down the dining hall to eat. I just thought you'd be too busy preparing to have your lunch since all this demo teaching is in rush.

"Ahh yes, sorry about that. Nope, I haven't eaten yet. I was already done with the necessary preparations for the demo, I just have to run down to things to see if all was in place and organized. I was just reading a book and didn't know that I spent the remaining time just reading." I answered her honestly. "Thanks for asking me, sure I can go with you. Let me just wear my gloves.

 The Principal nodded and just remained standing a few feet away from me, just watching me, particularly my hand as I wear back the gloves in my hands that I discarded after she left me to prepare this morning so I can work freely and much more comfortably.

"Let's go?" When I'm done, She turned around to exit the room and I have to rush to the door to open it for her. She thanked me and I just give her a small smile.

We got to the dining hall of the school, many students are also eating their lunch with friends and classmates. The hall is buzzing with chitchat from the students, and the noise made my head pound again. I winced slightly from the pain but fortunately, the Principal is a little ahead of me, I was just following her and she'll turn my way from time to time to know if I'm still following her so she didn't see me wincing, or so I thought.

She abruptly stopped in her tracks, making me almost bump into her back. And she turns to look at me. 

Principal Weems: Are you okay Adaliah? Are you hurt or something?

 The concern is visible in her voice as she asks the question. "Yes Miss, I just had a sudden headache that's all". I tried to sound fine as much as I can, hoping she buys it. She just nodded her head and continue walking again.

Principal Weems: We'll be eating at the faculty lounge, where the noise is manageable. Maybe you're just tired from the travel, and the noise of the students, and also you haven't had a proper rest.

 I thank her for her thoughtfulness, and we went inside a much more silent dining hall for the faculties. And we sit at a table for two by the window, on the way to the table some of the teachers greeted us, especially the headmistress. We ate in comfortable silence, it was at least an hour before the blond woman stood up from her seat followed by me. I thank her for the food but she just dismissed it with an elegant hand. When we passed by again by the hall for students, only a few students were remaining so it was now a little quiet than an hour ago as others already went to their respective classes.

Principal Weems: We should head back now, and get your things. I'll accompany you myself to the class you'll be conducting the demo teaching, the board member who will be observing you will be there, you just have to survive an hour or so then answer some questions from the board then we'll wait for their decision. Is that good?  You can ask me anything  if something does  not add up.

"Thank you Miss, all good. Thank you for your assistance once again." The only thing I can say.

We head back to the room I'm occupying then I rushed inside and get my materials, then Miss Weems accompanied me to the class, and when we arrived the students greeted us, the Principal sitted at the back together with 2  of the board member of Nevermore, while I put my things in the table in front of the class.

   (IWill not describe word for word what happened during Demo teaching).

And just like that, everything went smoothly with my demo. I've answered all of the students query and more importantly from the board member. I had consumed 2 whole hours for the demo, the whole class hour for a subject in this school. The 3 people observing approached me when I'm done packing my things and all the students had left the room for another subject.

Mr. Deacon (As Ms. Weems mentioned before I started): You did a good job Ms.Addams. Indeed an Addams you are, great at doing things just like you relative, but you did a good job on your own we are totally impressed. With that, we won't take more of your time so you can settle and rest. Congratulations.

He shookt my hands, then the other member then walked out without waiting for my response. It took me a moment to realize what Mr.Deacon just said, and I looked at Miss seems behind me the unspoken question visible on my face. She took my hand and shake it also with another of her bright smile.

Principal Weems: Congratulations! Miss Adaliah. You are hired! Just like what Mr.Deacon said, you did a great job. As we are observing, the students seemed to enjoy the way you deliver the topic, and they never seemed to be bored. The students liked you, I can see it. They listened to you explain everything the whole time, I'm so impressed.

 When she let go of my hands I was brought bak to reality. It really made me smile, I'm hired. Thank goodness.

"Thank you again Miss, and thank you for believing in me I really appreciate it. I don't think I can do it without your help and instructions. You literally told me what to do so I'll be able to do my part smoothly." I said to her with my genuine smile.

Principal Weems: You are very welcome Miss, I am happy to work with you from now on. Now, I can officially welcome you to Nevermore! and good thing, you can now freely alter everything in that room I gave you. Unfortunately, I have to go first as I have to finish things in my office, also regarding your teaching schedule I'll just give it to you maybe tomorrow morning but you'll start by next week, I'll give you a week to settle here before the work. And with regards to the contract I'll have to change some things before I'll need your signature to it.

"Thank you again Miss, I'll do my best to make sure that I deserve this work, and the trust you give me." I said as she headed out to go back to her office  while I stayed for a few minutes in that classroom and just live for the moment before deciding to go back to my residence now here in Nevermore to leave my things before going in town to take my things I left with Aunt Morticia, and tell them the good news.

---------------------------------CHAPTER END-----------------------------------

A Chapter filler! Apologies my dearest reader. This is just the happenings while Wednesday is also adjusting to Nevermore, same day happening but different scenarios. Hope you like it!

REACT, COMMENT, SUGGESTIONS, AND SHARE for interactions with me are highly appreciated!!