55. Important Visions

Teaser: Jaemin learns about what Hikari's been going through, and he has a different type of vision that might turn out to be very useful.

*Three days later*

Date: January 4th

The knights all gathered on the side of the stage where Heiran was about to give a speech, the five of them looking over the crowd in anticipation. For once, the queen had good news. The knights didn't even know what the news was, but they were hoping it genuinely was good.

They hadn't made any military movements since Yeosang left, and the queen was just as on edge as the rest of them about it. Now, they were all hoping that she would have an announcement to help put them all at ease.

As soon as she walked onto the stage, everyone started cheering. Though the weather was in the negative, people were still showing excitement over the mere presence of the queen.

It was quite bizarre.

Once her usual introduction and appreciation of everyone's attendance was done, she finally mentioned that she had an announcement, and they all waited in anticipation.

"For as long as I can remember, prior to Daejeon's invasion three years ago, we hosted our Snowball Festival every year. Because of the events of the invasion, we haven't had it since. However, after thinking over it for a while, I've decided that it will be hosted on January 20th!"

Yuqi and Jaemin just looked at her in shock while the crowd cheered. It was an annual festival that the king had held every year on a random day in January. It was an outdoor carnival filled with dancing, games, rides, food, and performances, meant to bring the community together. Jeno told Jaemin that all these years, they used the magic of the fairies to keep the festival warm enough for people to be comfortable.

Everyone loved it every year, so it was understandable that they were excited. But this was the huge announcement? They were in a war with no idea of the next blood-filled day, yet they were hosting a huge event at such a dire time.

Jaemin was hoping there was good news about the progress made with Bucheon, not this.

Heiran looked over at them and her expression faltered for a moment when she suddenly remembered Yeosang was missing. "Uh... d-during the event, our security will be very high. It'll be in the field right outside of the kingdom, but I will hire the best of the best to guard the field. And of course, our military will be on standby."

***

"Well, this is great. A fun day for the entire kingdom, and we have to be on guard duty," Chinmae groaned, sitting on the couch as they all entered the apartment.

"That's how it is unfortunately. Have you figured out anything about Yeosang?" Heejin asked, looking at Yuqi who was eating a cookie.

She looked up at her mid-bite and rolled her eyes. "No. He's God knows where in a kingdom four times the size of ours. Who knows? He's probably still looking for that witch."

They all giggled and Jaemin noticed that Hikari looked upset. "Are you okay?" He asked.

She nodded softly and sat down with the others to laugh along with whatever they started talking about, but the concern on Jaemin's face never left.

"What is this? Huh?" Henry asked, pulling her shirt collar to the side. "You hooked up with that sadistic asshole after ditching me?"

"Stop. Y-you're drunk."

Hikari just went to get food at her favorite restaurant, but Henry was there and sat at her table when she clearly didn't want him to. When she left, he followed her and shoved her against the wall. Now, he was forcing her to tell her about what she did with Yeosang, and all she felt was fear.