85. The Chant

Teaser: With a certain threat eliminated, the two trains are still on their way to a head-on collision, and the team has to race against the clock to figure out a plan.

Nimue's face contorted and her mouth formed an "O" as she looked down at the sword in her chest. Lily was still holding her still to make sure she couldn't get away from it, but started tearing up when what happened finally set in.

"It's over," Yuqi said. "It's over..."

She shut her eyes for a moment and then laughed. "I always thought it would be Excalibur or Ares to kill me. Maybe one of them will lay my soul to rest eventually. Causi..."

"Yuqi!" Yeosang yelled, beginning to run to them. "Get Soteria away from her!"

She immediately tried to pull Soteria out, but it seemed Lily's telekinesis was also holding the sword in place. "Lily, let go!"

"But-"

Yeosang wasted no time in hurrying over and helping pull the sword out while Nimue finished the words from the spell. She stood there, clearly taking her last breaths, but Yeosang just angrily grabbed her collar and pulled her up off her feet. "What the hell did you do?! I will destroy this sword immediately if you fused your soul with it!"

"I didn't," she said, struggling to breathe with his hand blocking her airway. "I never wanted Soteria or Ares. I always wanted Excalibur. I didn't fuse with Excalibur either though."

"Then why did you do the chant?!"

She looked at his eyes and smiled softly. "You and your brother are both so handsome." His eyes widened and he tightened his hand. "And so, so similar."

When she shut her eyes, he lowered his arm and let her lay on the roof. Yuqi looked at his back, concerned by the silence. "What happened?"

"That was the chant Karliah said to fuse her soul with Ares." He looked at Lily who was kneeling besides her sister. "Nimue didn't do it with a blade. She did it with Namgil. I assume he's gonna be a hell of a lot stronger now." He turned to look at where the train was headed and saw the other one coming maybe two minutes away. "400 people are about to die."

Yuqi gasped when she saw the other train and Heejin walked over to them. "Yeosang, you and I can both be on one train. We can just stand in front of them and push them back. That would work, right?"

Yeosang did think it was a good idea, but Lily finally stood up and shook her head. "No. Neither of you have super strength. There's a possibility Heejin could stop a train, but not at this speed. You'll die."

"Do we just let all these people die?" Heejin asked, looking at the other train in fear.

Lily looked down, and Yeosang understood immediately. "The conductor on the other train has probably alerted the passengers that something is wrong by now. Let's just hope they'll all listen and stay seated. Heejin and Yuqi, go tell everyone in the train to hold on to something."

They both left to do so and Lily looked at him. "You know what I'm planning to do?"

"Yes, and I know it will take the rest of your energy."

She smiled and nodded. "I remember the first time we met, Yeosang. I was so excited to finally meet a wielder face to face after so many years of waiting. I had to wait twenty years for Heejin to be born, let alone wait for her to become a soldier and find Soteria." She chuckled and walked forward. "I know now that Nimue was broken for a lot of reasons that weren't because of me, but still. All I can do now is fix her mistakes. 400 lives are at stake."

Even if Yeosang got frustrated whenever Lily would keep dire secrets from them, she told them a lot of important things. She told the royal family about Excalibur so many years ago, taught Yeosang how to use Ares when he first found it, and helped them through a lot more. She also came here today to help them fight her sister.