53 Days, Kent, and a Seat Change

It had been 53 days since Damian had first started at Gotham academy. True to his word his father was giving him the 'full normal experience' as he had so eloquently put it, entering the academy under the name of Damian Kent. A frankly hideous attempt at humour by his father, to hide his true lineage. The thought of being even distantly related to that moronic flyboy (aka Jon) repulsed him.

Fake names were common practice at the academy, all in effort of reducing the number of kidnappings of his rich upper-class peers. There was an un-spoke rule, which was thus: to keep ones mouth shut about everyone's identities. For the most part it was adhered and respected, especially since intentional exposure of another fellow students would result in expulsion. Though that didn't stop some idiots from breaking form and throwing around their family name to gain power.

However the rule didn't prevent speculation, creating a fun guessing game for all the students.

Damian, despite having had his formal debut into high society as the blood son of Bruce Wayne, was still a figure of mystery. There were was no-one there who would recognise Damian to begin with since he limited his public interaction from the age of 14 onwards, choosing (albeit when forced) to attend charity events and galas for the sake of appearance. But even then, he would appear for precisely five minutes before sneaking off.

There were no formal photos any informal ones either (despite the press's many illustrious attempts). Any taken, such as those by paparazzi's or a daring gala guest always turned out unclear due to some nifty magic and of course Damian's constant vigilance to his surroundings. This helped minimise the number of kidnapping attempts on him as the youngest and supposedly 'easiest' Wayne.

But back to the point.

Damian was not in the mood.

He was currently waiting for his business class to start and he had already had enough. He'd been on campus for only 8 minutes and he already hated it. In fact he had hated nearly every minute of his 53 days here, excluding his art classes or extracurricular activities.

53 days and he still hadn't met a single person that had been worth his while. It was all the same. He could read everyone like an open book and not a single one of them held even a flicker of intrigue.

Immediately on entry to the academy his looks, demeanour, grades and athleticism quickly earned him fame, as well as an adoring fan club. However all it took was a few icy words from his sharp tongue to send them all reeling. This earned him the title of "Ice Prince". A brainless nickname, no doubt made by one of his dim-witted fans.

On the plus side it meant that now no-one was stupid enough to carelessly approach him. And that was how he preferred it.

The class had yet to start and Damian was taking the time to brush up on his Cantonese. He had managed to drown out the hustle and bustle of people, until sudden laughter pulled him out of his studies. Scowling he took a brief glance in the offending direction.

The commotion was caused by two of his fellow business students. The first girl he noticed was Phoebe Monroe; he knew her as the rich young heiress of her mother's events company. The family had their hand in nearly every social event and gathering in Gotham, and were surprisingly clean in terms of criminality. The family occasionally attended some of Bruce's charity fundraisers and galas that he and his siblings were forced to show face at.

However Damian knew very little of the second girl, having never met or interacted with her. All he knew was that she was new to Gotham, having moved from Paris. She shared his Business and Maths classes as well as his drawing lessons. He assumed her third choice was art related since it was a compulsory class for everyone in the department.