𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

𝐉𝐞𝐣𝐮 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥, 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚

It has been a few days since I woke up from a coma that lasted 3 days.

I am confused about what happened that led me into such a situation.

Feeling extremely vexed when I learned I had lost almost all my memories. I could only remember my name, age, birthday, and a few other bits and pieces of my past.

I am constantly monitored by my doctor. Making sure there were no complications. They have been constantly asking questions about what happened and I did not have the answer because of my missing memories.

Every time I try to remember, I get a severe migraine that causes me to black out.

I got a lot of stares from the staff and visitors walking past my room.

I know my appearance is alien to everyone around me. I'm considered short for a 4 year old girl, being 85 cm tall with slender and doll-like features. My skin is pale ivory, my hair is white as snow and I have mismatched eyes. My right eye is a pure and vibrant red that looks like rubies and my left eye is a bright icy blue that looks like aquamarine. 

The doctor explained the situation that brought me here

The orphanage I used to live in was attacked by magic beasts that escaped through an unknown gate.

By the time the hunters arrived, the town was in ruins. Many people died, some were injured while others ran into the forest to hide.

He suspected I ran into the forest like everyone else but got separated and wandered into a dungeon by accident.

The Guildmaster of the Oracle Guild, Ms Yoo and her team were exploring a dungeon a few days ago.

They found me lying unconscious on a stone table in the middle of the room. She then brought me here and the gate just closed once they all exited the dungeon. It is like something or someone wanted them to find me.

I remember the attack that night and the chaos. I remember running into the forest, trying to escape the magic beasts. A bright light flashed before me before my world became dark in an instant.

The doctor that is in charge of me said that I would be discharged soon and someone from the Korean Hunter Association that is stationed in Jeju island would be here to bring me to the Oracle Orphanage that is just an hour or two drive away.

————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

Sitting in the room alone.

Ping ~

The floating hologram appearing in front of me took me by  surprise

The floating hologram appearing in front of me took me by surprise.

"Huh?"

Before I could understand what was happening, the screen suddenly disappeared in the blink of an eye as if it was not there in the first place.

Feeling puzzled at what had just happened.

"This is very odd..."

————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

 I am finally discharged from the hospital.

Staring at a man in front of me. He had a rugged appearance with black spiked hair and brown eyes dressed in a black suit.

He showed me his badge, "My name is Ku Hye-Sun. I am an agent of the Korean Association. I will be escorting you to the Oracle orphanage."

He looks more like a man working for the mafia instead of the Hunter Association.

"Erm...okay" 

————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

Looking out of the window from the passenger seat. We are heading to Oracle Orphanage. A peaceful and quiet drive but I could feel his gaze on me and I ignored him.

"You are a strange child," Ku Hye-Sun suddenly said.

"Hmm? How so?"

"The children who have been through what you have always look scared and start to cry. I assume you will be the same but you are very calm for a 4 year old."

"And?"

I do not understand why this man was intrigued by my reaction after what happened to me. It is not like I can do anything about my situation.

"It's strange but interesting."

I shrugged at his comment and looked out of the window.

"Definitely strange." I can hear his amusement in his voice.