𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐲

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

5 days have passed since my evaluation.

Other than the matches I have in the ring. I spent most of my time focusing on my daily quests and learning more about the system.

I find it interesting

I find it interesting. It is really similar to a video game with the status screen, inventory function, a daily quest and many more.

The status screens show me information about my so-called character. There are five boxes on either side of my character profile photo which is for something but I am not sure what.

There is an inventory function that allows me to freely store and retrieve items from my inventory. A very convenient function if you ask me.

What surprises me is that I am able to learn or more like unlock new skills. 

The passive skill was unlocked by chance while fighting with very skilled fighters continuously for three days

What I have understood about Hunters is that their class skill once they awaken is almost the same by default. The only difference is the hunters' rank. It is impossible for a hunter to acquire new skills without using a runestone.

Runestones are magical items dropped by magic beasts. It contains special unique skills from the monster that dropped them. If the runestone falls under their class, hunters from E to S rank get an extra skill, but the strength varies.

The thing with these stones is that they're meant for specific classes, so for example, a mage who gets a runestone with a fighter skill won't be able to use it. And another example is that when a hunter learns a similar skill to the runestone, it will not work. In the end, it would be auctioned off.

Even though I awoke as a hunter, I'm one of the unlucky E-ranks without a class. There are a few like me who do not develop class skills. Usually guilds wouldn't hire people like me, and if I ever got hired by another guild, it would be odd jobs like mining or bag carrying.

The main thing is that I have to meet certain criteria to unlock a skill but the problem is that there is no information about the criterias I need to meet in order for that to happen.

Next is the daily quest. I receive three rewards after completion. A status recovery, three additional stat points, and a random reward box.

Other than status recovery and status points which is standard. I find that the random reward is like a gachapon machine. Either I get something useful, kind of useful or entirely useless.

Day one, I got a bandage.

Day two, a stuffed teddy. I mean it is cute but what do the system expect me to do with it? Throw it to the enemies?

Day three, a 'Basic Steel katana' with 20 additional damage.

Day four is something interesting. A bronze instant dungeon key.