𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐨𝐛

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

"This sucks..."

I cannot believe what an unlucky bastard I am.

In just one month, I have been informed about the death of the only people I called my family and attended their funeral, lost my apartment to the escaped magic beasts and is now living in a hotel room, and now my cafe where I worked has been destroyed by another group of escaped magic beasts.

Trying to find another apartment is hard with my current situation. With my budget I cannot rent above 8,000,000₩. And those under that price are already taken.

Not only am I homeless but jobless too.

————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚, 𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐥

Spending most of my days at the National Library of Korea doing research on Hunters and their classes. There is really nothing much to do during the day so why no.

Hunters are ranked according to their strength and ability by an international S-E system. E is the weakest and S is the strongest and some with a set of skills and talents while others a wide variety.

Ji Jae explained to me before that it is like a fantasy game. Humans are the NPCS, and hunters are the players. The players have different classes and each class has a role to play.

There are six specific categories of classes – Fighters, Tankers, Assassins, Rangers, Mages, and Healers. These classes are general categories of combat and non-combat. Fighters, tankers, assassins, mages and archers are combat hunters while healers are non-combat hunters.

Fighters are close-range melee that focus on offense. High stamina, excellent defense and can deal a lot of damage. Using weapons like axes, swords, knives, claws, gauntlets, and bare hands or fists.

Tankers are highly durable and can take a lot of damage in a fight. They normally focus on defense while the fighter deals damage. They all wear heavy armor and wield a shield and sword, staff or mace. Their main skill is taunting. Most tankers taunt and provoke their enemies which leads to a careless attack but their ability only works on enemies who are weaker than them.

Assassins are highly skilled at close-range combat and speed. As the fastest hunters, they can dodge attacks from other hunters, especially mages, since mages need time to cast spells. Assassins use stealth to blend in with their surroundings, remaining undetected. They usually use small daggers or hidden blades.

Rangers focus on long-range attacks and use archery magic. Their roles are to cover blind spots during raids and help other hunters. They are at a disadvantage in close combat since they use bows and arrows.

Mages focus on magic damage and are the most versatile hunters with the ability to cast elemental spells, remove curses, and summon spirits. Mages use magic items such as rings, staffs, lanterns, or even spell books to cast their spells. And their weakness is close-range combat and fast opponents.

Healers are the support pillar in a battle and rely on other hunters for direct protection. They primarily heal other hunters' injuries, but they also cast buff magic that enhances their own and their teammates' abilities. In battle, they are always at risk since they only provide support. They use magic items such as rings and staff to use their spells properly.

So basically, fighters focus on the attack, Tankers focus on defending and healers focus on support. Mages and archers are long-range combat but the difference between Mages and Rangers is that mages can only deal magic damage while the ranger's skills can deal mostly physical damage or their dexterity.

A hunter's strength is fixed the moment they awaken. Everything comes down to rank and how proficient they are at using their abilities.

Remembering my dream. That particular hunter is a mix of an assassin, mage and healer class but all the data that I have collected has no information about what I am looking for. Even a powerful S-rank hunter falls under one class.

Banging my head lightly on the table in annoyance, "Sigh...This is useless..."

I can't find any information regarding hunters who are categorized under more than one class. It's basically unheard off.

Buzz...

My phone started vibrating.

Picking up my phone.

I stared at the screen with the name Mr Ahn displayed.

I picked up the call.

"Jiah, speaking..."

"Hey, tonight prize pool is 3,000,000₩. You in?"

"I'll be there."

"I need to warn you, you will be fighting stronger opponents..."

"Does not matter, I am coming over..."

I hung up.

I guess that was somewhat of a good news.