-Prolouge-

"AHA! YES! I WIN!!!" Firey jerked his hands into the air in celebration. We had played 73 games of tic-tac-toe now and that was the first game that he'd won.

I smiled softly as I stared at his soft, radiant light, the embers of his flame dancing in the air. I enjoyed spending time with him, I liked how he - unlike most people - was kind to me. I liked how his heat engulfed my body like a blanket.

I was lucky that he was friends with me. I was a shy loner, who people either- found annoying or didn't like. He, on the other hand, was popular and extroverted. If he said something, everyone else would believe it. If he said jump, they'd say: "how high?". He could've destroyed me in multiple ways, yet, he chose not to. That's why I liked him. Nothing could ever ruin our friendship.

"Uhhh... leafy? You okay there?" I looked up, startled. "Yeah... sorry," I croaked. "I was just thinking..." I smiled reassuringly at him, he still wasn't convinced.
"Right... Well... if something's wrong, you can tell me, okay?" I nodded slowly. Another reason I loved him: he cared about me. If he thinks something's wrong, he'd check to make I'm okay.

"Hey, I know this is random but... I built a ferris wheel! Would you like to see it?" My eyes lit up. No- surely he didn't mean it? He's just pranking me...
"Really?"
"Of course!" Firey told me, grabbing my arm and pulling me upwards.

I had never seen him run so fast in all my life- I felt like my arm was about to rip off! He was excited about this, so I knew of was gonna be good.
_________________________________________

Announcer gathered us around a small, circular podium to announce BFDI's winner. I tried not to let the ferris wheel incident prior to this bother me as anticipation rushed through our every bone.

"Bubble... I'm sorry, but you came third with only  228 votes." Bubble's face sank as she walked off of the podium slowly.

"Firey, you're such a great friend! I'll be happy if either of us wins!" I cheered, beaming at him. My heart fluttered as he smiled back at me. His warmth never failed to lift my spirits.

"Leafy... I'm afraid you came second with only 236 votes. Firey wins Dream island with 406 votes."

I smiled as I skipped happily away from the podium. Firey had won, and with that, I was happy.
_________________________________________

I stared happily as firey let the person infront of me in. I was next.
"Yeah... leafy, i feel bad for killing you on the ferris wheel- and you're my friend- so you can come in too!"
"Wow firey! Thanks- that's so nice of you!"
__________________________________________________________________________________

So- starting off happily. It's going to get dark next chapter 😋

Prepare for alot of angst ✨️

-Amy