Curious Compassion

Thank you all so much for your patience, it means a lot. For those of you who played the game know what Sea Gazer's actual form is, but in this AU I would like to share with you my interpretation of Sea Gazer. Please enjoy.

~ A new season has come and gone ~

"Master Sea Gazer, what are we working on today?"

"Ah if it isn't my favorite apprentice~, come. I'll show you."

"I'm your only apprentice," Jian states as he crosses his arms.

"And should that make you my favorite?" the adeptus queried as he gracefully collected his tools.

Jianyu shrugged with a cheeky smile before finding a place for himself to sit in preparation.

"This my boy, will change the world."

The extraordinary craftsman, held in his arms and brought forward the object of obsession.... in parts. Jian couldn't help but deflate, he couldn't make heads or tails of this newest masterpiece was even supposed to resemble.

"Oh don't look so down! A work of art is not made in a day."

°•°•°

Time lulled as Jianyu sat watching the Adeptus work; occasionally handing him components and tools. But so far he's been watching the master work. Jianyu' s mind began to drift as curiosity began to eat at him.

"Um, Master Sea Gazer, if you don't mind me asking, what are you?"

"Hm?" A halfhearted hum tuned in the tranquil cove.

"A-ah respectfully of course. Adeptus are revered beasts as mortals would say... I was just curious... what yours is?" Jianyu sat forward with prodding curiosity. He was comfortable in the Adeptus' presence and the Adeptus in him, yet the revered being in front of him has only ever been 'Human' in his presence; finding the human form more efficient when it comes to working on inventions. Opposable thumbs, over hooves. He was quite the hands-on inventor as you can see.

Turning from his work Sea Gazer smiles understanding, "Ah. Curiosity is a good thing~ young ones should always be curious— safely of course," he humors. "You already know then our prime; the dragon, the cranes, the deer, and our vigilant Yaksha; the bird. I am Longma, a dragon horse for lack of a more graceful term. . . quite rare we are..." he hums continuing his tinker. "I could very well be the last one."

His words were far too calm as still water and his voice; too soft like shaded moss in spring. Jian was astounded at the revelation.

"The last? Doesn't that scare you? Have you ever tried looking for another?" It felt foreign that Jianyu was more concerned by this insight than the beast in front of him. Who took this with a copious amount of nonchalance.

"Young one, how can I let something out of my control concern me? Longma as they are elusive we are secretive. Like Qilin, we do not meddle in each other businesses. But unlike Qilin we do not herd, well at least... I never did," he chuckles to himself, "Hm, I was somewhat the odd one in my youth. I always felt there was more to be seen than our migration path— I guess you can say that is why I am where I am today. But I appreciate your concern for me."

"You're not afraid of being alone?— left alone," the thought of such isolating fate tugged at Jianyu's core.

The water-attuned Adeptus reached over and pat Jianyu on the head, "You have a good spirit. It's in the right place," his otherworldly eyes graced Jian with tender empathy, "Water connects all things. There, I was born by its reach and so will I return to its arms. Do not waste your tears for me Jian," Sea Gazer wiped a trickling tear from the doll's eye much to the latter's surprise; leaving the living machine stunned.