𝐱𝐢. the starbucks of ancient greece !

𝐎 𝐂 𝐄 𝐀 𝐍   𝐄 𝐘 𝐄 𝐒   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙴 𝙻 𝙴 𝚅 𝙴 𝙽   !

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔟𝔲𝔠𝔨𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔠𝔢 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 of cleaning the lower deck, which had been thrown into chaos during the monster attack. Reorganizing the sickbay and bartering down the storage area took them most of the day, but Malia didn't mind. For one thing, she got to spend time with Jason. For another, she knew the two had many things to talk about what with the newfound information of her blood lineage.

As they were fixing up the stables, Malia thought about the night her brother and Annabeth had spent down here accidentally. The thought alone made her sick to her stomach, her mind conjuring up the possibility that her brother and friend were doing . . . things together. She shivered at the thought, frowning as she swept away some of the stray straw.

Malia's heart warmed as she remembered the recent night the two had spent together, just her and Jason. The first time they said I love you. She knew that Jason was hardwired to be a leader and set a good example, and that breaking the rules was unnatural to him, but she appreciated how he broke through that barrier to comfort her when she needed it the most. She truly did love him, even if he was an idiot at times.

She swept the hay into piles. Jason fixed a broken door on one of the stables. The glass floor hatch glowed from the ocean below⎯a green expanse of light and shadow that seemed to go down forever. A small part of Malia was afraid to look at the water, in case a monster's head would appear in preparation to destroy them. But nothing happened.

She would glance over at Jason every now and again, smiling when she noticed just how easily he did each task: fixing the doors, oiling the saddles, latching the windows. He did each task without thinking, coming as a second nature to him. It wasn't just his strong arms and his skillful hands that she appreciated, but also the way he acted so upbeat and confident. He did what needed to be done without complaint. He kept his sense of humor, despite the fact that the guy had to be dead on his feet after not having slept the night before. When it came to work and duty, the boy was Roman to the core. 

"What are you thinking?" Jason asked, snapping Malia out of her internal monologue.

She shrugged. "Nothing, really. Just wondering how I would've turned out if I'd been raised in the Roman legion instead of at Camp Half-Blood."

Jason laughed. The scar on his lip almost disappeared when he smiled. Considering all the stuff he'd been through, it was amazing that he could be in such a good mood. But, then again, so could Malia.