Chapter 2 - Jura Forest Civil War

Later that evening, Rimuru came out of his house alone, and told all the people of his village about Shizue's death. They were shocked and couldn't say anything but accept the fact. Rimuru offered Eren, Kaval, and Gido to stay another night since it was already late in the evening, but they declined and chose to head back to Blumund instead. After Team Kaval walked out of their village, the villagers' attention now centered on Rimuru who was simply waving his hand.

"Lord Rimuru, are you alright?" asked Rigurd.

"Hm, but leave me alone for now" replied Rimuru and went back inside his house.

While inside his house, Rimuru returned to where Shizue had last been lying. Rimuru was silent, looking at the mask Shizue had left on his bed. No one knew what he was thinking, only that his heart was still heavy accepting Shizue's decision. But that didn't mean he regretted his decision to fulfill Shizue's wish and suppress his ego to save Shizue.

Rimuru took the mask and brought his forehead together with the mask as if Shizue was in front of him.

"Shizue... don't worry, I will definitely keep my promise" Rimuru muttered.

..........................................

............................

................

In the same night sky, deep in the Jura Forest a village was engulfed in a sea of fire. It was the village of the Ogre race, one of the strongest monster races in the Jura Forest. But even though the Ogres were relatively strong, they were currently being cornered due to the large difference between the number of their troops and the enemy troops. From beyond the darkness of the forest, a large army of Orcs invaded the Ogre village. The orcs burned and slaughtered every Ogre they saw.

"My son! Take your sister and get out of here!" shouted an Ogre who was the leader of the Ogre race.

Without thinking, the son of the Ogre leader immediately ran to find his sister, as well as gather those who still survived. He then led them out of the village, and told them to hide first.

"You guys wait here, I'll help the village chief" he said.

"Brother, be careful" his sister replied.

The red-haired male ogre nodded, then ran back into the burning village. Amidst the chaos, he kept looking for his father but when he found him, it was too late. The ogre saw his father losing to the leader of the orcs who was accompanied by a masked demon beside him.

'I'm... too late. No, father!' he thought in frustration.

"Please... run away...'" said his dying father.

"Father!" he shouted while glaring at the demon and orc leader.

He slowly walked backwards, and then started running to where his sister was. He told her about their defeated father, and together with the other four Ogres who survived, they left the village of their birth.

"Young master, we will surely avenge those who fell tonight" said an old Ogre with white horns.

"Yes, that is for sure!" he replied.

That night was one of the worst in the history of the Ogre race. Almost all of the Ogres living in the village were killed by the invading Orc army, leaving only 6 Ogres alive.

The next day, Rimuru came out of his house, and he saw all the villagers getting ready for their daily chores. After breakfast, the Hobgoblins started to pick up their tools and led by Myrd, they restarted the construction of the village. The Goblins were also working under the supervision of Garm and Dord on making clothes, and there was also a team of Hobgoblins and Tempest Wolf who would be hunting for dinner.