Remember them Song: Remember Them, Jorge Rivera-Herrans

Remember them

Song: Remember Them, Jorge Rivera-Herrans

"Captain!" Clarisse yelled. "Captain! Captain!"

I looked up. "We must move quickly, we don't have much time." I walked down the row of people, a hand on the hilt of my sword. "He didn't notice I mixed lotus in his wine. Mark my words now. This is not the end." I yelled out.

"But captain," Clarisse moved forward. "What'll we do with our fallen friends?" She swallowed.

"Remember them." I said sternly and looked her in the eyes. "When the fire begins to fade, for the fallen and afraid. We are not to let them die in vain."

"Remember them!" The rows of demigods chanted.

"We're the ones who carry on, the flames of those who've gone. And our comrades will not..." I sang.

"Die in vain!" The demigods and I chanted; our voices rung between the buildings.

"I need all our hands on his club. This is how we're getting out of here. Use your swords to sharpen the stub. And turn it to a giant spear!"

"Let's kill him!" The demigods' voices rang up against the walls of the buildings.

"His body is blocking the path." I yelled out. "If we kill him, we'll be stuck inside."

"Captain, where do we attack him?" Clarisse asked, holding tightly onto her spear, crackling with electricity.

"We gotta stab him in the eye!" I answered.

"Yes sir!" The demigods yelled. "Remember them. When the fire begins to fade. For the fallen and afraid. We are not to let them die in vain."

I began walking, the demigods following close behind me.

"Remember them! We're the ones who carry on! The flames of those who've gone! And our comrades will not die in vain!" We chanted, out footsteps echoing between the buildings.

"Now! Scatter!" I yelled. Looking up at the Empire State Building.

"Who hurts you?" Zeus' voice echoed down from Olympus and surrounded us.

"There are more of them?" Clarisse asked.

"Who hurts you?" Zeus asked.

"Hide." I whispered and glanced back at the demigods.

"Who hurts you?" Zeus' voice asked.

"Captain, we should run." Clarisse said. I walked into the Empire State Building and into the elevator. A small number of demigods followed me. We'd go up in groups.

"Wait." I said.

"Who hurts you?" Zeus' voice rang down with a cold wind.

"Captain, please." Clarisse's angsty voice said.

"Wait."

"It was Nobody, Nobody." A new voice rang inside of the elevator. I recognized it as Hera's.

"If nobody hurt you, be silent." Zeus' voice answered.

"Don't go." Hera said. I stepped out of the elevator. My eyes searched over Olympus, to see if I could see the godly figures, but the mist was too dense.

"Let's grab the sheep and away we go." I nodded towards the artifacts, statues, Naiads and Satyrs.

"Have you forgotten the lessons I taught you?" Athena's loud angry voice bellowed from everywhere. "He's still a threat until he's dead. Finish it." She spoke.

"No." I answered the goddess.

"No?" She appeared five feet away from me, yet I heard her as clear as I heard my own thoughts.

"What good would killing do? When mercy is a skill. More of this world could learn to use." I looked her in her gray cold and calculating eyes. "My friend is dead, our foe is blind. The blood we shed, it never dries." I listed. "Is this what it means to be a warrior of the mind?"

"Don't." Her strict voice rung out.

"Hey, Zeus! When we met, I lead with peace. While you fed your inner beast. But my comrades will not die in vain!" I yelled out to the king of the gods. "Remember them. The next time that you dare choose not to spare. Remember them." Zeus materialized before me a few feet away. "Remember us." His crackling bolt of lightning shone through the mist. "Remember me."

The demigods raised their weapons, ready to fight. Athena disappeared.

I drew Riptide. "I'm the reigning king of Ithica. I am neither man nor mythical. I am your darkest moment. I am the infamous. Perseus!" With that I leapt into battle, my sword raised.

-----

Honestly I really like this. A friend of mine got to read it, and she thought it was really cool. I think too, so I'm really happy she liked it, and she's not familiar with the musical or Percy Jackson, so I think I did a great job! :D

-Morpheus