Open Arms Song: Open Arms, Jorge Rivera-Herrans

Open Arms

Song: Open Arms, Jorge Rivera-Herrans

I walked down the green path with Frank, through the jungle. I glanced around, feeling eyes on me. Frank looked back at me.

"You can relax my friend."

"Huh?"

"I can tell you're getting nervous, so do yourself a service. And try to relax my friend." He smiled at me.

"I'm fine, Frank."

"Think of all that we have been through." He placed his hands on my shoulders. "We'll survive what we get into." He smiled and stepped away and walked down the path in the densely forest.

He turned to look at me. "I know that you're tired of the war and bloodshed. Tell me, is this how we're supposed to live?" He opened his arms in a shrug, then pointed at my hand holding my sword. "Look at how you grip your sword, enough said." I frowned, what was that supposed to mean? "Why should we take when we could give? You could show a person that you trust them when you stop and lower your guard. Here we have a chance for some adjustment. Give it a try, it's not that hard. I'm telling you." He smiled and disappeared in front of me.

"This life is amazing when you greet it with open arms." I jumped as he said it over my shoulder, appearing behind me. "Whatever we face, we'll be fine if we're leading from the heart. No matter the place, we can light up the world. Here's how to start. Greet the world with open arms." He walked in front of me and held my arms and smiled. "Greet the world with open arms."

"Welcome." A ring of voices sounded around us. I drew my sword.

"Stay back!" I turned my back to Frank, so we stood back against back.

"Stay back." The voices repeated.

"My friend," Frank said. "Greet the world with open arms." He reminded me.

I lowered my sword slightly. "We're only here for food."

"Food." The voices repeated.

"Six hundred friends are waiting, for us to show our faces." I spoke.

"Food." The faces of wind nymphs appeared between the trees. A small amount approached us. I pointed my sword at them.

"Stay back, I'm warning you." I looked at them. "If we don't get back safely, my men will turn this place into blazes." I threatened.

"Here you go." A bowl of fruit flew over to us carefully.

Franks face lit up. "See? This life is amazing when you greet it with open arms. Whatever we face, we'll be fine if we're leading from the heart. No matter the place, we can light up the world. Here's how to start." He picked up a fruit and opened it. "Greet the world with open arms, greet the world with open arms." He opened his mouth. I grabbed his arm before he could take a bite.

"My friend, I wish that I could say that I agree. But look at the way this fruit is glowing and filled with glowing seeds." I pointed at the seeds. "It took me a while to notice just what kind of fruit they eat. It's a lotus, it controls your mind and never lets you free. That's what we'd get with open arms." I crossed my arms.

Frank swallowed, then looked at the nymphs. "Lotus eaters, I'd like to show my friend that kindness is brave. Could you tell me where there's other food to eat?"

"The cave." They spoke.

"A cave!" He exclaimed. "you're saying there's a cave where we could feast? And where do we sail to find this fruit-filled cave?"

"East." They answered.

"Thank you." Frank smiled.

"Welcome."

Frank looked at me and grabbed my wrist and began walking, dragging me after him. "This life is amazing when you greet it with open arms. I see in your face, there is so much guilt inside your heart. So why not replace it and light up the world? Here's how to start: Greet the world with open arms. Greet the world with open arms."

"Greet the world with open arms." I spoke softly. I walked out on the beach with him, our ship came into view.

"You can relax, my friend." Frank smiled and swung an arm over my shoulder.