My Goodbye Song: My Goodbye, Jorge Rivera-Herrans

My Goodbye

Song: My Goodbye, Jorge Rivera-Herrans

"You are reckless, sentimental at best. That's not a teaching of mine. You've grown soft, your dead friends can attest."

"Hey!" I growled.

"Put your emotions aside. You're a warrior meant to lead the rest. I don't know where I went wrong. But I warned you, and you failed the test. So now I'm gone." Athena's cold voice reached my ears. I turned around and looked at her.

"This way, you'll know what your place is. This way, you can't cross the line. This way, when all is over you'll keep yours and I'll keep mine. This way, you won't disappoint me. This way, you won't waste my time. This way, I'll close the door. Consider this as my goodbye." Her cold gray eyes bored into mine.

"That's just like you, why should I be surprised? Selfish and prideful and vain." I mentioned and put my fingers up, counting. "Unlike you, every time someone dies. I'm left to deal with the strain." I pointed at my chest. "What's a title," I opened my arms. "That a goddess could lend if I'll never sleep at night?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "I'll remind you I saw you as a friend. But now we're done." My voice dropped down cold. "This way, you're out of my head now. This way, you won't plague my life. This way, when all is done, you're out of sight and out of mind. This way, you get what you wanted. This way, you can save your time. This way, you close the door and have your damn goodbye!"

"You're not looking for a mentor. I'm not looking for a friend. I mistook you for a general. What a waste of effort spent." She interrupted me.

"At least I know what I'm fighting for!" She crossed her arms. "While you're fighting to be known!" I pointed at her. "Since you claim you're so much wiser! Why's your life spent all alone?" I asked. "You're alone!"

She looked shocked at me, but quickly put up a mask of calculation and wisdom. "One day, you'll hear what I'm saying. One day, you might understand. One day, but not today, for after all you're..."

"Just a man." The rest of the gods chanted.

"This day, you sever your own head! This day, you cut the line! This day, you lost it all! Consider this as my goodbye!"

"Ohh." The gods chanted their voices echoing all over Olympus.

"Consider this as my goodbye."

"Ohh."

"This is my goodbye!"

"Ohh."

"Consider this as my goodbye!"

"Ohh." The gods chanted.

"This is my goodbye." With that she disappeared.

-----

Second song! Or well... Last song in the album, but second song in this story!

-Morpheus