➽The second

➽Inspiration song: Nonsense by Sabrina Carpenter

There are times when you feel grateful for life's inexplicable tendency to become hectic. Juggling family, friends, and work is no easy feat. On top of it, you are studying for your PHD in Economics. Certainly, a whirlwind of a night rests at the back of your mind while you engage in other responsibilities!

Wrong.

It was too good of a night. The both of you held a chemistry near unmatched and the conversations flowed endlessly. Hashirama knew how to work his tongue as well, leaving you yearning and heaving for more. Holding the attention of such a man feels like a dream, one that you must awaken from sooner or later.

The clock strikes one and you begin picking up the remnants of your meal. The lunch rush bustle within the university cafeteria calls for your spot at the table, and within the moment you leave, someone else snatches your chair. You make eye contact with the person once—a blonde kid that probably is in his first year— and give them a nod before heading out.

"Isn't that the TA for Sakura's class?" the blonde asks within earshot of you.

"How am I supposed to know?" his friend responds, annoyed but also bored.

"Shikamaru... You're in that class with her."

"Right. Yeah, that's the TA."

"She's really hot."

Your eye twitches and an inclination to demand more respect enters your mouth. But you restrain your urge and continue traveling to the classroom. You have much to do and little time. Grading papers, listening in on classes, and meeting with the professors are just some of your dizzying amount of tasks for the day.

During your trek over to the business building, you hear the energetic blabber of your friends. If there's one word to describe such friends, it's that they are loud. You spot them at the pavilion outside the building, drinking coffee and eating bits of pastries. Hiruka notices your stare on the group. Her smile widens as she waves you over to join them. The heated glare of Chibi contrasts the warm welcome over.

However, you do what you want. Without a second thought, you saunter over with a smirk. "How are all you cuties doing?" You place your head on the crown of Hiruka's head as you make complete eye-contact with Chibi.

Chibi. An odd nickname for a girl that is twenty-one, but she carries childlike features, large doe eyes and a small status. Her hair is always in the form of pigtails, whether high up on her head or low near her ears. It's not only her appearance but her behavior that reminds you of a child. Most of the time, you find it cute and endearing, but now you wonder if you feel the same when in the direct line of her anger.

"How was your night?" Hiruka asks, not understanding that she has stepped on the one landmine there was.

"Very steamy."

"Oh, that's right. You picked up some man." Her eyes hesitantly check in on the shaking girl.

Who explodes without a second thought. "That's so unfair! You knew he was checking me out and you stole him."

"The early bird gets the worm." With a shrug, you grab a pastry from her plate and take a bite out of it. "Ohhh, these are tasty today!" The group forces out a chuckle, awkward and tense, but they do not want to engage in the conversation.

"You have a horrible habit of ignoring people when they get angry with you." Chibi pouts and crosses her arms.

You pause. Her words do breathe reason as you do prefer giving no life to another's anger. If you did, you would practically have no relationship with your cousin and aunt, who both used you as some punching bag when growing up. It's aided in keeping your happiness intact, one that you still preserve despite your inclination to be mischievous.