➽The Third

A/N: So I'm back! The Madara thing took too many writing resources for me to update. Now that it's finished, I return with an update. I'm trying to figure out my writing schedule for the rest of the year since I still need to finish some stories from Legend of Korra that I had ongoing. They shouldn't take long at all, but I'm planning on juggling all the stories to finish this year. Hehe... We shall see. I'll have a better update on that within a month or so.

Warning: Smut ahead.

[x]

➽ Inspiration song: I want it all by Cameron Grey

The bustle of the restaurant does not bother you in the slightest. Your attention remains sealed over your phone as you converse with Hashirama. After your date with him, he's held your engagement every day, being first to greet you in the morning and last to wish you good night. He knows everything that you do, and you practically know his whole schedule as well.

You know of his busy assistant. You know of his bothersome brother. You know of his friends, who are heavy into the political scene. You know of his dog, a shiba inu named Mushroom. You also know his horrid sense of naming!

"Is she ever going to stop texting?" Hiruka asks warily. The rest munch away at their food while you leave yours untouched. "Seriously, [F.Name]. We invited you out to dinner, and you're just on your phone."

Her annoyance halts your goofy grin, and you bring your gaze up to hers. The sight of the others not caring does paint her as the only one bothered by your lack of participation, but she has always been the voice of reason and you listen to her request.

"I'm sorry. You know I'm never one to be on the phone during our outings," you add. "I'm just getting to know Hashirama, but I'll put my phone down." You send one last text to the man, informing him that you are busy at dinner and cannot answer him.

When you place your phone in your pocket, you bring your fork out and begin to pick at your food. The chatter of your friends returns, but this time you listen. Chibi gushes over the waiter, Justin tries to pick a fight with you, Hiruka tries to settle down the tennis match between you and him, Ollie laughs so loud that she makes the walls shake, Trey rolls her eyes to everything and always has a comment. Marcie and Itsumo, who have just become a couple, speak amongst each other and act as bystanders to all conversations.

It's a friend group you enjoy dearly, but your mind continues to wander. You're sure it's obvious that your heart is smitten with this man. He breathes air into your life that makes you excited for adventure. Such vitality died when you were dumped last year, and your focus on academics was your saving grace.

"Are you sure you don't want a cocktail?" Trey questions as she waves the waiter over.

You eye your glass of water. "I'm sure. If there is anything that refreshes the soul, it's cold water."

Trey's annoyance worsens as she orders some drinks for the rest of the table. Chibi tries to hint at her infatuation with the waiter, though her flirtations are obvious and cause the poor boy to blush and depart in an instant. The table roars with laughter.

"You're so aggressive. Poor guy is just trying to work!" you chuckle.

The girl isn't the least bit shameful of her obvious approach. "I'm sure you know how necessary it is for a woman to be aggressive."

"Do I?"

"Yes, with that dude you're talking with! You got tall, dark, and handsome all wrapped around your finger because you approached him first."