➽The Fourth

➽ Inspiration song: starstarstar by dosii

A lazy Saturday. You haven't had one in forever, but the experience graces you this fine morning as you remain in bed while staring up at the ceiling. Usually, you'd be finished with your morning jog, seated at your study with a coffee and study materials. After a good review session, you would be on campus, attending a lecture or grading papers.

But today, you wake up and do nothing. Relaxation touches your muscles, but it's the deep intensity of yesterday night's activities that places your body in a restful state. Hashirama smoothed out all the tension and breathed fresh oxygen into your system. Now, you must lay here and relish in the zen.

"Oh. What are you still doing in bed?" your cousin asks, slightly annoyed to see you at ease while you ignore her question.

There are many things about your life that you abhor. One is the amount of student loans you must endure for the sake of academia. Second is the need for a rent-free space due to the loans, rendering you still living at your aunt's house. Third is how your room sits beside your cousin's, a girl who is as likable as a cockroach. 

"What do you want?" you respond.

"Are you slacking off or something?"

Your sight still remains on the ceiling. You have no idea why she'd bother asking such an inane question when she is the epitome of a slacker. Being the same age, you were both enrolled in the same classes in school, but because of her lack of interest in studying, her mom always siphoned your answers onto her sheets. The only reason she even made it to college was because she had copied every sliver of your homework and cheated on others during exams.

Yet the moment she made it to college, you took a different route than her, and she ended up failing within her first year. You didn't bother saving her from her filth and watched as she went down in flames. It was a nice view until your aunt went ballistic...

"Sure, if that's what you want to think," you hum. "Is there something you want?"

She leans on the doorway, "Remember Itsume?"

Why wouldn't you remember him? He was the only serious relationship you had as an adult until he dumped you. Does your cousin make it a habit to continuously ask stupid questions? That's something you should ask, but instead you just resume your nonchalance. "I suppose."

Her eyebrows furrow at your lack of reaction. "Well, I heard from a friend of mine that he is coming to my birthday party."

"That's nice."

"He's coming as her date."

It's been four months since the break up, so the idea of him moving on doesn't bother you in the slightest. "Can I bring a date too?"

"I thought you were still hung up over him and rebounding badly."

You turn your head at her, "Eh? You came over to upset me?" It's not a surprise to you, just a trap for her to admit her nastiness.