𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

It was Belly's birthday.She ran down the stairs in excitement.She saw everyone sitting there waiting for her arrival it was perfect how it was every summer.

"Theres the birthday girl looking like a vision in floral."Susannah exclaimed hugging Belly.Jeremiah gave Belly a quick hug and wished her a happy birthday.

"Now Belly buttons getting old finally,happy birthday!"Steven teased as Laurel walked over, giving belly a big hug.Wishing her daughter a happy birthday.Drew walked over to Belly.

"Happy birthday bells!"Drew smiled giving Belly a quick hug.

"Your mickey mouse pancakes are ready."Laurel smiled.

"Actually,I'm not really hungry."Belly stated.

"Oh,okay." Laurel smiled

"Shall we open gifts?" Susannah suggested

"Oh! You're gonna love mine!" Jeremiah yelled as he jumped up.

Belly tore open the wrapping paper, revealing a book from laurel.

"I got it from a rare book dealer,First edition."Laurel announced

"Thanks mom." Belly smiled.

"Turn to the first page,It's your favorite poem." Laurel stated as she looked over at Susannah.

"Oh yeah! I remember Susannah teaching us to recite this!" Belly giggled.

"For whatever we lose
Like a you or a me
It's always ourselves we find
in the sea."

Everyone recited the poem altogether.

"Thank you, I love it." Belly grinned

"You're welcome." Laurel replied

"Open mine now." Susannah spoke up, handing Belly a small gift. Belly tore the wrapping paper and
opened the small box, inside was a Pearl necklace.

"Wow it's gorgeous, thank you Susannah." Belly thanked

"Oh I'm next!"Jeremiah jumped up in excitement.
Jeremiah handed her a small package which has a key charm for a bracelet.

"It's a good luck charm to help you pass your driving test." Jeremiah stated

"Thank you." Belly smiled.

"Think fast Belly" Steven said all of a sudden,Steven chucked a big messy wrapped gift at her, She unwrapped it revealing a Princeton sweatshirt.

"Wow Steven, I can't believe you actually spent money on me!" Belly laughed.

"It's just so you don't steal mine anymore when I get in next year."Steven laughed as he rolled his eyes.

It was Drew's turn to give belly her present He handed her a small velvet box as she grinned.She opened the box carefully,it was a bracelet with a star. She smiled knowing what the star meant.She  remembered her and Drew as children would go watch the stars at night when everyone else was asleep.

——————————————-
"Belly you awake."Drew whispered as he went inside the girls room

"Yes I am."Belly smiled as they began sneaking out the house they sat beside the pool looking at the stars

"It's so beautiful."Belly smiled as she looked over at the boy who smiled at her

—————————————-
"Thank you so much Drew!"Belly exclaimed as she jumped into Drew's arms

"You're welcome belly."Drew smiled as Belly went back into her seat.

"Conrad why don't you give Belly your present?"
Susannah suggested.