(End)Game

Now back at school, I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I feel like I've proven myself and that means so much. Last night as we sat on top of that building, nothing was said. Though it didn't feel like words were needed.

Ned, Peter, and I walked down the hallways with him gushing over what happened outside the dance.

"You looked so insane that whole- Like it was crazy! Like he- he was just like *glove thingy sounds* and you were like 'Ahhhh' and then I just hit him with the 'fwhip'! It was so- oh my god."

I smiled, nudging Ned and adjusting my bag

"Well you saved us." Peter smiled as well and Ned put his hands on our shoulders.

Just ahead of us I saw Liz hugging someone and her mother holding a box of miscellaneous items. Peter looked at me and I mirrored him.

"Go talk to her."

Hesitantly, he walked away calling her name

"Y/n?"

"Ned?"

"Are you gonna be alright?"

I smiled at Ned again, pushing his shoulder with my fist.

"Of course I will be. So uh, class?"

"I'll be with the math team."

"Oh right okay then, um see you later, Ned."

I turned on my heel walking myself to class. I wouldn't stand around listening to their conversation, it doesn't feel right.

-

"Go to the bathroom."

The notification on my phone read loud and clear. Though from an unknown number, I knew it had to be important. I instantly raised my hand and asked to be excused.

"Not until I'm done with the lesson Mr. L/n. We still have much to go through."

...Okay what?? Yeah right.

When the teacher turned back around, I quickly stood up and made my way through the second door in the back of the classroom. People saw me of course, but they found what I was doing amusing. I quietly closed the door and rushed to the bathroom.

Once I entered I was met with Peter and Happy.

"Happy? Why are you here?"

"I uh.. I owe you one. The both of you. I don't know what I would do without this job. I mean before I met Tony-"

Suddenly there was a loud flushing sound coming from one of the stalls. We all went silent as a boy came out looking at us all weirdly before washing his hands. It took a little while but he eventually exited.

Trying to recover from the awkward moment Peter spoke up

"So uh... How long ya' been here?"

"Long enough to be awkward. Boss wants to see you two."

"Is he here too?"

"In the toilet? No, he's up state."

"Upstate? Like upstate, upstate?"

"Yeah, Let's go."

Having exchanged looks with Peter, we walked out with Happy, exiting the school with no one stopping us.

-

"Take a look. It's pretty impressive, huh? They just finished remodeling the whole thing."

I took in the amazing site as the base passed us by. Even when we walked into the building and watched a jet take off I was still in awe.