Field Trip

"This is so awesome!"

"I know, right?"

Ned had Peter's web shooter in his hand while it projected a map. We were trying to find the guy Peter had put a tracker on earlier.

Ned tapped the map and found the trackers location

"They're in Brooklyn"

-

"Staten island"

-

"Leaving Jersey"

-

Suddenly there was beeping. Ned jumped up and grabbed the shooter. I also noticed he was wearing Peter's mask…

"They stopped"

"Finally!"

Peter lowered himself from the ceiling and turned towards Ned. I crouched in front of Ned to look at the map.

"Maryland?"

"What's there?"

"I don't know. Evil lair"

"They have a lair?"

"No-"

"Dude, a gang with aliens guns run by a guy with wings? Yeah they have a lair"

"Badass"

I sighed at their dorkiness

"But how are you guys going to get there if it's like 300 miles away?"

"Well… It's not to far from D.C."

"Don't tell me you plan on rejoining the team"

"Of course not. Alone"

He gave me a smirk and I furrowed my eyebrows

"Oh no, no, no I do not want to join the decathlon"

"You have too Y/n. Plus you would look good in a cream jacket"

"How about I ride under the bus instead"

"I-... Guess that works too"

"Then it's settled"

-

"Hey it's Peter!"

"Hey guys, I was hoping I could maybe rejoin the team-"

"No, no way. You can't quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone"

"Hey welcome back, Peter. Flash you're back to first alternate"

I snickered at the coincidence but quickly stopped so one would hear me

"He's taking your place"

"Excuse me, can we go already? Cause I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one the embassies before dinner"

"Protesting is patriotic, let's get on the bus"

I watched as multiple legs walked by my place under the bus as they got on to it. Suddenly the bus started and the engine almost made me go deaf.

-

I continued to stay under the bus while it moved and it was starting to get a little bit scary. Only because my ice was starting to melt from the heat on the bus and the somewhat hot air around me. To make matters worse my phone buzzed, signaling that someone was calling me.

I broke the ice off my right hand and reached in my clothes. I saw that Happy was calling me in a group call with Peter.

"I got a blip on my screen here. You guys both left New York?"