Stealthy

"Peter I don't think it's working"

He continued to hit the gun with a hammer to get the glowing thing out. I noticed an approaching presence that was causing my body to tingle. Yet it didn't feel like a threatening presence.

"Thanks for bailing on me guys"

Makes sense

"Something came up Ned"

"What is that?"

"We don't know, some guy tried to vaporize us with it"

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah"

"Awesome!"

I and Peter looked at him with the same expression and his smile faded

"I mean, not awesome, totally uncool of that guy, so scary..."

I looked at him again telling him to stop talking and he put his head down

"Well I-I think it's a power source"

"Yeah, It's connected to those microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate, that's what I use to charge my toothbrush"

"Whoever is making these weapons is obviously combining alien tech with ours"

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you guys for letting me be a part of your journey into this amazing-"

Peter hit it again and the glow went flying. I looked over to the teacher to see if they saw anything.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades"

"... Some teacher he is"

"I have to figure out what this thing is and who makes it"

"We'll go to the lab after class and run some test"

They did the weird handshake they always do and I rolled my eyes. When it ended Ned looked up at me and broke our silence.

"Why don't you and Peter have a secret handshake?"

"Cause I can do this"

I kissed Peter's cheek and his face went pink

"Oh…"

I laughed with Ned as Peter looked away from us trying to hide his blush

-

"First I say we should put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer”

“No, first we need to come up with a better name than 'glowy thingy’”

“You came up with it”

“Besides the point at hand, Ned”

“Your right”

I looked forward to and saw one of the guys from the bridge rounding the corner. My body tensed up and I quickly jumped behind a corner, Peter already next to me.

“Come on, come on, come on!”

Peter waved at Ned as he just noticed we had moved from beside him

“Ned!”

He awkwardly shuffled towards us and also hid behind the corner

“High school creeps me out. They’ve got a weird smell, you know what I mean?”

The guys voice started to get closer as he moved down the hall

“Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill us”

“What?!”

“Yeah”

“We gotta get out of here!”

“No, no, no we got to follow them. They could lead us to the guy that dropped us in that lake”

“I swear when I find that vulture thing…”

“Wait someone dropped you guys in a lake?!”

“Yeah it wasn't good”

“Of course it wasn't good, we almost drowned!”

Peter ignored me and started to stealthily move towards the stairwell

“Peter!”

“Oh my God, Peter!”

He made his way to the stairs and I sighed following his lead

“You too!”

“Yeah, just stay here Ned”

I crept along the side of the wall and jump over into the stairwell. I saw Peter carefully crouching on the stairs. I quickly joined him and we watched the guys. We slowly crept down the stairs and hid behind some chairs.

“Man, could you imagine what the boss would say if he knew where we were”

“It’s saying there was an energy pulse right here”

“There's no sign of the weapon. And even if it was here, now it's gone”

“So are we”

I felt the familiar tingle in my body and I jumped out of view before the guy could see me. I heard the stool we were behind rumbling on the table. Peter must have knocked it when we were moving to hide.

I watched the guy from the ceiling, slowly make his way to the table. He looked around before he headed toward the stairs. I then saw a hand pop out from under the table and something flew onto the guys shoes but it started to crawl up the guys leg.

"Hey did it just get chilly to you?"

Once they left, I jumped down from my frozen spot on the roof and landed next to the table Peter was under. He then crawled out with his web shooter on his wrist.

“I planted the tracker”

“Tracker?”

“I’ll explain later but now we need to get this home”

“I’ll grab Ned”

I'm aware I'm sorry for not publishing on this book like I should. I promise I didn't forget about it and that I will be updating this book again soon. It's just hard having multiple books up. That's why I recommend finishing a book before starting another lol. I didn't want to be like one of those people who take two years to updated their books without saying anything. I've been noticing alot of people add this book to their librarys. If you did thank you for enjoying my book. 💖