Chapter 18

TW!!The content in this chapter may be triggering for some people.Please skip over the part if you want.

{Your pov}

Rick had spent most his time in the boiler room away from the others.I don't think I've seen him since..Lori.

It reminds me of when I first gave up on Simone.
I didn't talk to anyone,not even Daryl.I detached myself from everyone.I was quiet for weeks.Then I told myself to focused on my main goal.I told myself get over it since there is still people who need protecting,and I couldn't do that if I was bitching around,crying over it.

It was a struggle.Carol,Maggie,Glenn..everyone, helped me through it,even when thought they don't know it.It was hard losin' a kid you've spent years protectin' and takin' care of.

I feel bad for Rick 'cause he doesn't deserve this shit.He got us to this prison.He got us a place to live 'nd stay for awhile.He didn't get a reward like he should've,instead he lost his wife,almost his son.

{3rd person pov}

Y/n sat on the table watching the others eat.
Daryl watched Carl.He hadn't even touched his food,just stared at it silently.

It was silent an uncomfortable silence.Y/n hated it and wanted to leave so badly,but stayed to let Carl know she was there.He was a kid so she didn't expect him to open up to her.

Just then Rick came up to the bars.

"Everybody okay?"He asked.They looked over to him.

"Yeah,we are."Maggie said.

Beth unlocked the gate opened it and Rick walked in."What about you?"Hershel asked.

"I cleared out the boiler block."Rick said."And how many were inside?"Y/n asked."I don't know..a dozen..maybe two."Rick said with a shrug."I have to get back.Just wanted to check in on Carl."He said patting Carl's back.

"Rick,we can handle the bodies.You dont have too."Glenn said standing up."No,I do."He retorted.All of them looked at Rick concerned.

"Everyone have a gun and a knife?"Rick asked walking up to Daryl."Yeah.We're runnin' low in ammo,though."Daryl said."Maggie and me were planning on making a run this afternoon."Glenn said."Ill come."Y/n chimed in.

She wanted to get out of the uncomfortable 'abode' for now.The only way was to go on a run and be a third wheel with Maggie and Glenn.

Glenn nodded.Y/n looked back at Daryl and he paced around looking at Y/n too.

"We cleared out the generator room.Axel's there tryin' to fix it."Daryl said looking away from Y/n scrunching his eyebrows."Good.Good."Rick said walking out shutting the gate.

"Rick!"Hershel called out,trying to get him back.
Hershel was getting frustrated at Rick.Him being like this..just won't help group.

-

Y/n went outside and sat against the wall.
Maggie came out moments later.She saw Y/n and sat next to her.

"You haven't asked for a cigarette in months."She said.Y/n nodded."Thought might as well quit.
Simone hated when I did it."Y/n grinned.